#57832 Thu Dec 06 2001 10:21 PM
P
prowl1 Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
P
Hi,
I've got a couple questions about a wayne 70 pump that was purchased this week.

Is anyone aware of a cut down version of this pump. Ours is approx. 5 ft high and does not have the add glasses near the top of the pump. I would guess it has been shortened about 4"-5". It does have a tag right above the access door on the side which states a cut down date of 6-1-55 and has a company name on it. Just was wanting to know if anyone knows of this being done on other pumps of this model??

Also needed some ideas on color schemes, I took some sandpaper and found the following colors. White on the sides and top, red doors, and a blue base. I'm thinking it might be a Standard pump but I've never seen one with this combination.

Any ideas or suggestions would be helpful.
Thanks,
Ryan

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#57833 Thu Dec 06 2001 10:36 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What you have is a Wayne 100, basically a shortened Wayne 70 with a modified faceplate. As far as colors go, it's authenticity versus personal taste. If you can buy a copy of the Gas Pump collectors guide, it's a great source of original paint schemes and with color codes. Here's a link to the book, and good luck with your new project. http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN%3D076030078X/ref%3Dnosim/primarilypetroliA/107-4339733-0502953

[This message has been edited by pogogas (edited 12-07-2001).]

#57834 Sat Dec 08 2001 09:13 AM
S
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
S
While you may in fact have a Wayne 100, it's not out of the question that you have a Wayne 70 that has been cut down. Here at Vic's Place, we have a pump inventory of 400+ and in it there are 3 different sizes of Wayne 70's??? I am not sure why or how they got this way, I'm sure Jack Sim will enlighten us, as he's probably got the answer somewhere in his library of pump info.

#57835 Sat Dec 08 2001 02:13 PM
Z
Z
I actually have one of these pumps i am in the middle of restoring. I wondered the same thing when i got it apart. It takes all Wayne 70 parts. the doors have been cut off at the bottom and sectioned were the add glass should be. If you also look at the frame you can see that it was cut and welded in two different places to make up the shortened difference. The work was done very good and looks factory even on the doors considering they were cut in three pieces at on time.

#57836 Sat Dec 08 2001 02:32 PM
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
I have also ran across some Tokheim tall 39's that were also shortened. They looked like factory modifications also. I have no clue as to why these taller pumps were made shorter.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved