Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 17 of 17 1 2 15 16 17
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Thanks Doug. I hope that you and Mary Ann are well. As I am no longer allowed to visit here on Oldgas, so I sent a Facebook request. I'll see you there...

Anything Chevron
[Linked Image from i17.photobucket.com]
I'd rather be flying.....
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Doug, if you will message me at artformsdesign@yahoo.com, I have something to share with you . E-

see ya on the road folks !
M
M
this guy was one that helped me the most when i was making the cast /ialander parts -gooseneck,bases,feet !! i had not talked to him in awhile BUT he always insisted THAT I START MAKING THE PARTS AGAIN! I GUESS THE tIME HAS COME ,I WILL DO SOME PARTS !! ---RIP my good friend ! hope we all see you on the other side some day ! mike wahl

P
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
P
I haven't logged on in a while and just happened to see an old post about DB passing. I just can't hardly believe it!

We spoke a few times on the phone, but I only had the pleasure of meeting him once in person at Iowa Gas 2013. I'll never forget him rolling those oranges to me from clear across the parking lot. You will definitely be missed db!

Judy Bennett sent me the following note to share with all of you.

"I appreciate your generosity. It has truely overwhelmed me. Thank You!

It has taken me a while to read all the Web site thoughts and condolences as I cry so much. These wonderful people all got it right! Dick had many sides to his personality. Warm and loving, charming and compassionate, and very passionate. It didn't matter if it was with family and friends, or his hobby of everything old gas.

I read that Dick was a grumpy old man. He could be, but more than that, he loved a good debate! Dick respected those who could take criticism and would stand up to him. I'm a true red head, and Dick was a grumpy old man (booger) and we got along just fine!

A few asked about Dick's service days. He served in the U.S. Navy from 1969 to 1971. He was on a minesweeper for over 2 years with the last 8 months in Vietnam. To honor my husband, I placed him in the Arvin National Cemetary in California with full armed guard services. It was a beautiful day there.

We met in 1975. I was 18 and a half years old. Dick was the love of my life for over 39 years. We were married in 1976. As I'm not a computer person, could you pass along this note to those interested? My sincere thanks for everyone that made donations in honor of Dick. From my heart, I will always be grateful.

God Bless,
Judy Bennett"

-------------------

Thanks, Judy for the note and for sharing Dick with us all these years. Great to know that he got so much enjoyment out of all the stuff happening here on Oldgas.com. Thanks also for the kind words for me in your other note.

God Bless,
Jim

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
Page 17 of 17 1 2 15 16 17

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved