Page 2 of 2 1 2
L
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
L
Originally Posted By: Man-Cave-Shoppe Dave
Wow that's a amazing collection!
Something has got my head spinning tho.
BJ charges 20% to buyer and seller on each item so once these pieces go through, again, and sell, BJ has made 80%+- of that final selling price on each one of those items.
!!!!!

Here we go! Maybe he should do ebay! Why are we always concerned with someone making money! Happy Biding.

*Wanted Pierce Pennant Petroleum*
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Wow, nice collection! I need to win the lottery before January so I can buy a piece of it.

While watching the video, I saw a unique/risky method of displaying globes that I hadn't seen before (ie, hanging them from the ceiling). I'm too cheap to risk breaking an antique globe by hanging it upside down with only a few set screws holding the weight of a glass globe in a light base. Guess if you are filthy rich, dropping a globe or two on the floor would be no big deal.

Greg
On the lookout for Marland Oil / Conoco Globes
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Very nice accumulation of stuff!

Braden Splichal

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: Rory Brinkman
Couple quick notes regarding the auction.
It will be January 10-18 in Scottsdale with over 2,000 pieces selling at No Reserve.
Almost every piece is in 9.0+ condition.
Over 160 gas pump globes - 800 tin and porcelain signs - 104 porcelain-neon dealership signs plus more.
Barrett-Jackson charges a 10% Buyers Premium on Cars and 15% on Automobilia.
On-line catalog will be posted in the next few weeks.
Regards,
Rory

My apologies for misstating the % in my post and for wording it like I might be on the border of criticizing!
My intention was not that at all but after rereading my post, I could see how it could be taken that way.

I'm always glued to the tv when one of these are on and in AWE of the show they put on (and somewhat envious) but it also makes my head spin when thinking about how much the BJ auction co. has to spend on all the overhead and everything else to put on such incredible auctions that have so many levels of entertainment built into each big show!
It's very entertaining to watch their auctions that are televised and I hope to someday experience it in person!
Keep on Rocking it, BJ auctions!

LOOKING-4:WELDING SIGNS,Charter/Finance/PulOil/Trulite/TruTest-Oils,True's gas CORALINE/RAINBOW, Gardner 70 items of Yakima wa., Wa/Or/Id Chief items
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Originally Posted By: Loyd Pierce
Originally Posted By: Man-Cave-Shoppe Dave
Wow that's a amazing collection!
Something has got my head spinning tho.
BJ charges 20% to buyer and seller on each item so once these pieces go through, again, and sell, BJ has made 80%+- of that final selling price on each one of those items.
!!!!!

Here we go! Maybe he should do ebay! Why are we always concerned with someone making money! Happy Biding.

Not sure what all the hype is about. I would rather pay The $ to a reputable auction house then some person that watched a TV show and is trying to pump me for an extra couple of hundred $
That's my 2 cents

-MAXGAS-
Looking for Independent Gas & Oil, Oilzum,& Early FORD dealership items.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Already got my airline tickets and vacation time approved.

Great to get out there when it's cold in Ohio.

There are SEVERAL other auctions going on in Scottsdale at the same time...we hit a couple of them up. Hope to scrounge around on craigslist and bring a rust free truck home.

RP said he's selling the collection because the thrill is in the hunt...he's bored with it.

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
With all those neons for sale, there is bound to be some great all originals and some drilled for neon, as an online bidder (work time, in winter) I am hoping they are listed as such, so a person can bid accordingly....mm

Wanted early tin litho signage.
petro, farm, auto, etc.
C
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
C
Rightly said, for many neons now added to and hard to tell unless you are there.

Craig
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I can't speak to the Scottsdale show but the Vegas auction I attended, the petrolania was very accessible to view, and there was plenty of variety. The quality was excellent. Mr. Brinkman did a great job of bringing quality stuff to the Vegas auction. The Scottsdale auction will be great theatre. Like "mm" it is prime work time for me too. That collection would be worth the price of admission.

C
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
C
Wow, finally got to see the video, Unbelievable, wish I could be there or maybe I should not be.

Craig
H
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
H
Nice looking collection. Even better when you know it is for sale.

I just finished my prime work time. I worked every Monday-Friday including every holiday for the past 6 months straight. Now I get to take time off. Arizona sounds tempting.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Pegasus, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Project Car auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved