Oldgas.com Home  
Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member

ORIGINAL Frame and Base for a General Petroleum/Gargoyle curb sign.
Base has some pitting but no rust through and sign frame sits in the base nice and tight.
$350 boxed, insured for that amount and shipped to you in the lower 48.
USPS Postal Money Order is the preferred form of payment but I will accept a personal check from established members of this site.
PM, call or email with any questions.
509-847-5893 or bigdaddydave@man-cave-shoppe.com

Thanx Oldgas and the great members and non-members that browse these ads!

LOOKING-4:WELDING SIGNS,Charter/Finance/PulOil/Trulite/TruTest-Oils,True's gas CORALINE/RAINBOW, Gardner 70 items of Yakima wa., Wa/Or/Id Chief items
Archived Forum Area

These topics are archived because they are older. You may not post new replies. Contact member through their email in their Profile or by PM message.
Help with contacting members

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
what does the sign look like that goes in the frame?... cool

RANDY
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Here is a picture of the decal that Vics 66 has that shows the shape and the general look of the sign that goes in this frame.
It was a sign that was converted to General Petro from Gargoyle so the signs that I have seen are usually different on each side.

General_Petroleum_ethyl_gas_decal-350-350-watermark.jpg

LOOKING-4:WELDING SIGNS,Charter/Finance/PulOil/Trulite/TruTest-Oils,True's gas CORALINE/RAINBOW, Gardner 70 items of Yakima wa., Wa/Or/Id Chief items
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Dave,
Thank You... cool

RANDY
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Base looks likes it's from a fan

see me at Mason Dixon Gas, Spring Carlisle M114-115, and Hershey C4E-35.
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
I thought it looked like it was from a table but I was assured that it is the original base for this sign frame and was brought out from under the same Standard bulk plant, together. There is a possibility that I was lied to but I trust the man and the pitting on the base suggests outside usage.

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
BTT and just to review:
$350 boxed, insured for that amount and shipped to you in the lower 48 OR $300 if you pick it up here at my Shoppe.
USPS Postal Money Order is the preferred form of payment but I will accept a personal check from established members of this site.
509-847-5893 or bigdaddydave@man-cave-shopc ooo

...... about OK's question;
inside top frame dimensions are 24 and a half inches and then from top to bottom on the inside of the frame is 28 and one quarter inches.
I have seen one in a frame like this and it had something like bands with bolt holes for the sign holes.

... and to address the question that you ask below, Wayne, I'm pretty sure it's stamped and it's a thick metal. Here are a couple of better pictures of the base. Thanx for asking!

DSCF4624AR.jpg DSCF4625ar.jpg DSCF4636aR.jpg
Last edited by Man-Cave-Shoppe Dave; Tue Oct 14 2014 03:45 PM.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Is that a cast iron base or a tin base (light metal)?

Wayne
D
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
D
What are the frame's dimensions?
Frame is the right shape for the General Ethyl sign but how does the sign attach/stay in the frame? There are 2 factory holes at the top of the sign and I've seen 2 signs with a hole at the bottom center as well.

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
BTT and just to review...

$350 boxed, insured for that amount and shipped to you in the lower 48 OR $300 if you pick it up here at my Shoppe.

509-847-5893 or bigdaddydave@man-cave-shoppe.com

...... about OK's question;
inside top frame dimensions are 24 and a half inches and then from top to bottom on the inside of the frame is 28 and one quarter inches.
I have seen one in a frame like this and it had something like bands with bolt holes for the sign holes.

...and just to be clear, I did not say "the man" that I got this from lied to me. I accidentally left out the word "always" in the sentence: "There is a possibility that I was lied to but I trust the man and the pitting on the base suggests outside usage." and it should read, There is always a possibility...
Please excuse my omission and know that I 110% believe that I was NOT lied to because as I said above, I trust the man!

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
NLA!

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Car Project auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved