Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 14 of 16 1 2 12 13 14 15 16
S
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
S
64 in November,

Last edited by souperhigh; Tue Oct 21 2014 05:45 PM.
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
W
W
I'm 44 grew up with it my whole life my old man has been buying and selling for over 45 years had to go to shows to help setup and sell when I was a kid hated it lol but now it's really paid off from the years of what he has taught me about this hobby and general antiques always buy the best and leave the rest nice clean mint stuff and you can't go wrong if ya buy into it right and listen listen listen you can't ever stop learning I can never repay him the knowledge he's taught me !

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Mike you might be aging but I'm still 23. Don't know who the old man in the mirror is.

OK,truth is I'm 55. We built a house for a guy that had owned a White Rose station that was later rebranded Conoco. He gave me my first globe in 1982. I still have it. It's a Conoco on green capco. Many years later I bought a Conoco Ethyl (on red capco)globe from the same guy's estate. I remember seeing those globes atop the pumps when I was 4 or 5 years old. So the first globe I ever saw was the first globe in my collection!

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I'm 52, but started collecting as a toddler, with empty oil cans and free road maps. Over 50 years now, and bought my first globe thirty nine years ago last week.

Wayne Henderson
Petroleum Collectibles Monthly
Kernersville, NC
L
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
L
Started 'bring things home' in the late 60's-70's if they could fit it my route bag (remember paper routes) on my bike....dumpsters, trash days, etc. Hey can I have that?...sure kid go ahead. Most of the time I didnt care what it was as long as it looked cool. Parents hated it. Started bulding bikes from parts (schwinn sting rays) when I could find them on trash/bulk pick up days, then it was go carts and mini bikes then finally cars. Always had something in the garage until entering the service when lots of stuff mysteriously disappeared. Well, still have a garage, with cars and old stuff in it....what do they say about old habits?

Last edited by Leverhead; Thu Oct 23 2014 07:15 AM.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
24yrs old. Collecting about 10yrs.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
52 now, first piece collected, I was 20yrs old
I started working on pumps for retail when I was 17.
Still building computers, (since I was 25)
It is in my blood.
I have the first gas pump I ever used @ around 7 yrs old. It came from my Grandfather's farm.

Last edited by jkyocom; Thu Oct 23 2014 03:43 PM.

Veeder Root Rebuilds.....since 1987
Veeder Root Identification CD
Gas Pump Clock Repair
jkyocom@bellsouth.net
Mal Offline
47 laps around the sun, started collecting at 45

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
44 and been collecting gas and oil things for about 8 years

......John
fanfan75601@yahoo.com
arw Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Forty5 still alive

Just turned 50 in September. I started building My Indoor TEXACO Gas Station back in 2011, you can see my endeauvours here... I also have a small collection (yet) of TEXACO petroliana.

Building my own indoor TEXACO Gas Station...

The Garage Journal link to my build thread...
http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=157290
N
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
N
63 but wish I had dyslexia (?) everytime I look at it.
mf

19 turning 20 next week, been collecting for about 6 months.

Collecting Tiger Products by Gambles Store.
Montana ~
Hello all,

I am 49, turn 50 in May and I just started this. There is a method to my madness or so I think. I became interested in pumps when I was recently at my future father in laws and witnessed a A-64 he had. I instantly became interested in how it would look restored, came home and started researching and found oldgas.com.

So it begins and one of the things I like best about any hobby is the interaction with people that share the interest.

I have always been a fan of classic cars and trucks but like others here have mentioned, I am getting tired of crawling around on the creeper under the car. I have done a few frame of restorations and they all had there unique challenges.

The pumps look like a new challenge for me and I love a new challenge. I cannot say at this point weather I will just restore one or more. I would like to finish the one I have first.

I have some other interest as well like vintage electric fans I am in the middle of restoring a 1923 Westing House with brass blades. I only have one fan and I think that is all I want. I also have a small collection of vintage rotary phones.

Somethings just hit me and I become interested. I am sure looking forward to restoring my pump and even more looking forward to the relationships I will form while doing it. I love doing the research to find information and facts on my projects as well.

Thank you all,
Take care,
Tom

Owner of Classic gauge and Cluster. www.classicgaugeandcluster.com
R
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
R
Looks like I am the "old fart", I have been doing this for 44 years. Lots of porcelain under the bridge, lol

R D
Page 14 of 16 1 2 12 13 14 15 16

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved