Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 13 of 16 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 16
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Ummm Loyd.....

Do ya' think math is the first to go when we get past that first half-century?
grin

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: Scott Baselt
I'm 61 and in a way you could say I've been collecting petro since the day I was born. My parents were still trying to figure out what my middle name should be as they were driving to the hospital. In typical fashion my dad was low on gas and pulled into the first station he came to. It was a Phillips 66 and my middle name has been 66 ever since. wink LOL Not really it's Phillip. Good thing it wasn't a Humble station or something equally strange.

Two of our neighbors owned Sinclair stations and we would always stop at one or the other for gas. Being a typical kid I was always asking for free stuff so I had plenty of Dino items around. (I should have save them ) I did have coin, stamp, and baseball card collections going at one time or another.

I bought my first gas pump when I was in my late 40's. I had an auto repair shop and I thought it would be cool to have a pump on display. Within two years I had 31 of them plus an assortment of signs. This stuff is addictive !

I now live in a small apartment and my collection consists of 40 globes, 80+ signs, one reproduction pump, and various smalls. Basically I live in a man cave ! Life is good.

This is an old thread but a great one and this guy named 66 is got the coolest middle name lol

Follow the Red Indian Trail
G
G
I am 34. I have been collecting for a few years. I have always been into vintage cars and restoring items. Now I am in the process of recreating a vintage gas station at home. I have so much I want to buy. I am very thankful for this site for helping me out with what items are worth as well as quality pieces for sale.

Automotive Artwork
www.nategrice.com
G
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
G
Just turn 65. Always been into old cars and restoring them and selling parts in Hershey Pa. Sold my first gas pump around 1985 in Hershey Pa.That Started it all.

D
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
D
55 now......getting older but have never grown up. Started collecting coins, stamps and fossils when I was about 8 years old. From there it progressed to cars, pre-war home radios, books, antique furniture and all sorts of advertising. Started with Gas & Oil in 1985. In the 90s I worked 3 jobs, 7days/100 hours a week to get the money to get the stuff. Lost 300 signs, 40 pumps, 4 cars and a ton of other kool junk in the Fire of 2000. It was a pretty big hit that derailed my enthusiasm for about 10 years.
Can't really say why but Petro Fever has returned and been rampaging the last couple years. The garage will never be the same as there simply is not enough time, money or opportunity to replace what once was however, I too am thankful for this site as I get to see so many great collections and have met some great people.....very inspiring. Had a couple open-houses when everything was intact but if I had one regret, it'd be that I did not share more often. While I enjoyed it all on my own, nothing stokes the fire more than the comeraderie of fellow enthusiasts or educating someone that shows an interest.

Last edited by OK Used Cars; Mon Oct 20 2014 09:55 AM.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: OK Used Cars
55 now......getting older but have never grown up. Started collecting coins, stamps and fossils when I was about 8 years old. From there it progressed to cars, pre-war home radios, books, antique furniture and all sorts of advertising. Started with Gas & Oil in 1985. In the 90s I worked 3 jobs, 7days/100 hours a week to get the money to get the stuff. Lost 300 signs, 40 pumps, 4 cars and a ton of other kool junk in the Fire of 2000. It was a pretty big hit that derailed my enthusiasm for about 10 years.
Can't really say why but Petro Fever has returned and been rampaging the last couple years. The garage will never be the same as there simply is not enough time, money or opportunity to replace what once was however, I too am thankful for this site as I get to see so many great collections and have met some great people.....very inspiring. Had a couple open-houses when everything was intact but if I had one regret, it'd be that I did not share more often. While I enjoyed it all on my own, nothing stokes the fire more than the comeraderie of fellow enthusiasts or educating someone that shows an interest.

Well said and sorry for the loss of your collection

Follow the Red Indian Trail
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Soon to be 53. I've only been at this since February of 2013. I've been lucky enough to amass a pretty good collection of stuff. I love when people ask to see my collection so I can see them get the feelings I get when I look at it. Ok Used Cars post is rite on. Share what you have talk with people about it. You never know when you could lose it all. I can't imagine it however the memories of the conversations and the look on a childs face when he sees my neons lit up will be with me forever.

Seeking Knowledge and a Good Deal.
Always looking for neon signs and skins , Flying A ,& Wayne 60s.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
25 and been doing it for almost 3 years. Have read up on it for the past 10 though
Dan

Quart and Liter can relidding and dent removal services.PM for detail and pricing.
Collecting Mobil and other graphic quart cans.
M
M
Just turned 70. My grandad had a Phillips 66 station and bulk route in a small farm town in WY. As a little kid I'd ride out to the farms in that big tanker with him to deliver fuel. We always came home with a squacking chicken in a burlap bag or a bunch of fresh eggs, fresh veggies. Been collecting always and restoring for 35 years. And its always a delight to meet some 25 year old kid who's as excited about the stuff as I am. There are more of them than we realize.

S
S
I'm 44 years old. Never really thought that I would get into this hobby and to be honest I am a minor league player at best (two young boys at home make the extra cash to purchase slim at best). Story behind me getting into this hobby (or at least onto this site) goes kind of like this...Found a sign a long time ago (only wanted it because it was red Indian and I am Native). Ended up couch surfing for a few years and stored some stuff at a Buddies place. I began to see the picker shows and thought whatever happened to that sign. Long story short, 15 years later my Buddy finds it in his garage and gives it back to me for my 40th birthday. I know what you are all thinking. He didn't even buy me a present, just gave me something back. Cheap Bugger!!!!

T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
I turn 53 on Oct 9

Been collecting Gas stuff for 2 Years ,

Thanks Sid

www.trifivechevys.com
www.knifegates.com

Looking to buy Sealed Power Piston rings ITEM's
B
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
B
Old enough to know better. ; )

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Proud to be 15! I started collating about 8 years ago,when I found an old Esso grease can in my Dads barn. It snowballed from there, and I was picking up very can in sight. Late in 2012, I began buying 2 gallon cans, because they were cheaper than quarts with the same graphics, I thought they displayed very well, and I considered it a challenge. We all know where it went from there..

Good oil cans don't wait for people, people wait for them.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Now 20 started at 15. Learned a lot and still learning. Number one rule for beginners is buy quality not quantity and there's always an up grade.

Oilzum, 1qt Oil Cans, Gas and Oil smalls, Oldsmobile collectables.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Since this thread keeps getting recycled do we have to repost our ages as I've aged 3 years since it started? LOL

Thanks
Mike

Always Looking for any Pure Oil and Sunoco Items.
Page 13 of 16 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 16

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved