Next Thread
Print Thread
#574169 Mon Oct 13 2014 07:58 AM
H
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
H
I went to an estate sale with my wife last Friday, at a large farm. They were only selling the household items at this time. I asked one of the sons if they ever had gas pumps on the farm. he said they still used one for diesel, but had a couple of other pumps in the barn. I inquired about them, and he said he wasn't sure what they were going to do, but he would take my name and phone number. We walked out to the barn, and I first saw a Tokheim Interceptor, in pretty decent shape. He then pointed to two others over against the wall. One was a Tokheim 39, and the other looked like an American 900, but I noticed it said Federal on the face and the faces resembled 39 faces. I could only get within about 15 feet of these two pumps, so I couldn't get any decent photos. I have checked both of Jack's books and the internet, but no luck. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited by HoneyBearFarm; Mon Oct 13 2014 12:16 PM. Reason: wrong model #

Always looking for Standard Oil of Indiana, or any globes!
Buddy Koehrn
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
You may get a better answer from Jack Sim about why they say Federal on them, I do not know. But I have seen a fair amount of the American 800/900 series pumps with those face plates that say Federal and maybe its only coincidence but they seem to come out of Michigan.
Tom.

Always buying gas pumps and parts.

Visit my web site: www.gaspumps.us
Buckles Vintage Gas Pump Parts LLC
Carthage Indiana
tbuckles #574215 Mon Oct 13 2014 11:53 AM
H
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
H
Thanks Tom. This pump is also in Michigan.
How's the leg and ankle?
Buddy

Buddy Koehrn
H
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
H
BTT
Does anyone have any information on the Federal pumps? Were they made by American, for "Federal Pump Co.?", or was Federal a brand of gasoline, and the pumps had Federal on the faces, similar to Gulf on some pumps. A friend of mine has a Federal? pump that he picked up in South Haven, Mi., and said he can't read tag on pump, other than he can make out "908".
Someone surely knows about Federal, or some history on these pumps.

Buddy Koehrn
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
Federal pumps were American pumps that were sold to Federal, Federal put their name on the pump and sold them under the Federal name. The federal identification could actually have been put on the pump by American before the sale.

Jack Sim

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
Jack Sim #576180 Thu Oct 23 2014 08:34 AM
H
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
H
How many people have a Federal pump, and can you post a photo? Are they all short pumps, like the American 900? Do they all have ad glass? Are most located in the upper Midwest, primarily Michigan, as Tom referenced? Just trying to find out more information about a pump that there doesn't seem to be a lot of information on!
Thanks everyone for looking.

Buddy Koehrn
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
I have seen tall pumps with Federal on them.

Jack Sim

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved