Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#5710 Fri Jan 11 2002 07:49 PM
Online Cool
Actually making the minimum bid is meaningless on an item that says the opening bid doesn't meet the reserve. There is no commitment to buy at that price since the reserve is not being met. Who knows what the bidder is thinking, but I'd guess he made the bid kind of for fun. The next bid is the one that takes some guts or whatever you may really want to call it.

------------------
Oldgas
Your host and moderator

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#5711 Sat Jan 12 2002 03:30 PM
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
I want to thank all you guys that have commented on this item. You all have prevented me from making a terrible mistake. I, too, was contacted by this seller and although I didn't give her a price estimate,I did mention that, if sold, the unit would not bring enough to retire on. Imagine my surprise when I saw her opening bid, then she received a bid! I thought I had completely lost touch with our hobby. With signs selling for $20,000 and Bowser cabinets at a quarter mil,I thought it was time to sell out and start collecting Beanie Babies!!! Than you guys came along and I realized I'm not crazy!!! Thanks.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved