Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member

Follow the Red Indian Trail
B
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
B
This guy needs to stopped and prosecuted as he is taking people's money fraudulently

BUT

These buyers need to take some responsibility. Seriously.
* All this guys junk looks alike (distressed).
* He's super vague in his description.
* He's selling a lot of USA signs from Germany
* He's selling signs that never existed in the time they are representing

I wonder how these people that are intelligent enough to have $800 disposable money not see any one of these HUGE red flags.
I know nothing about Indian signs, but after about 52 seconds of research I can tell his are fake.

You could compare this to a disheveled homeless person coming up to them asking for $20 for "cancer research", then the panhandler walks right into a 7-11 to buy cigarettes with their $20 they gave for the research. They were defrauded, but you can't feel too sorry for them.

C
C
I am new at this forum. I registered me today after I had seen this forum talk about this ebay signs. I´m a swiss collector and bought in the last month´ some signs from this seller. I know, that this signs are not from the 50s or 60s. Of course every professional collector knows it.
But I bought some ones for much money, because I like this designs: Texaco, Harley, Shell, Gulf and an Indian sign. As I received them I was very surprised, this is no fake acid rust or paint and no cheap screen print. They are all hand templeted with much porcelain on a bowed heavy steel plate. And the best: no flat and thin signs. So I have put them to my originals that I bought for much more money. And I noted - this signs look much more better than my real vintage ones, because through the arching they appear more original. The colors and qualitiy is superb-
Through this I gave some bids to the running auctions and I hope I will get some others.
But every collector have to decides oneself, if he wants them or not. And I can not say that I am angry about this seller, because he never sold them as originals from a special period. But let me tell you: last year I bought an 2011 plastic Challenger - this is more fake than this signs.
I will report you what new signs I bought from this seller.

Sorry for my English and stay collecting!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Tireflator Air Meter auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved