Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
s932 Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
I bought a MFA collection last year with the help from a fellow old gasser finding it for me. While going through the process and sending pictures and working out the details of getting the collection, I noticed a oil can I had never seen. I asked him about it and he told me in thirty years of working for the company he had never seen another one.Well that peaked my curiosity for sure. So fast forward to the day I picked it all up. I had everything loaded but I hadn't seen that can in any of the stuff so I asked where it was and he pulled it out of his pocket he told me he had owned it for twenty years and was happy to have it. I could tell he was very proud of it as I would have been to. You collect something all your life and you get something no one else has it's a great feeling. As soon as he handed it to me I knew something wasn't right. It had a paper label over an old can. I didn't have the heart to tell the guy it was fake. I write all this just to say you never know how an unmarked reproduction can get into your collection. Had I not been a member here and had gone to a lot of gas shows it might have been in my collection for thirty years and me not no it. So just because someone says they have owned it for years doesn't mean it's real. Also I want to say I know this guy was not lying to me and he was a very nice man to deal with. Even with this can not being right I ended up with some killer stuff for my collection.

By the way it is marked now and I kept it as it was pretty neat looking

Last edited by s932; Sun Sep 07 2014 03:06 PM.

Originals only for me. Always looking for Simpson oil, Super A, and MFA oil cans and globes.
Shawn Morris
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Glad you found out the truth of the can!

Braden Splichal

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved