Oldgas.com Home  

Click here for Original Gas Pump Plate auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Originally Posted By: K W FRITH
Ted Czerechowicz (TC on Old Gas), sent me a list of globes he had for sale as he wanted to concentrate on just 3 or 4 brands instead of having a Heinz 57 collection of nearly everything! Of course I wanted to buy several, but restrained myself to purchasing this gorgeous Red Indian on a screw base body!
Ted also collects Cities Service and has one of the most complete collections of Cities globes around, and because of that, we've gotten to know each other quite well. He has been to my place a couple of times and since he had sold over 20 globes this time, he decided to deliver them all instead of shipping them! Well, it works out to nearly 5000 miles, but he's having a nice time and will be stopping to see several contacts along the way.
After crossing the border and stopping in Michigan, he motored right on thru to Devils Lake and finally got here about 1 AM on Saturday night. We stuffed him into the guest bedroom and called it a night. We were up early for a tour of my collection the next morning, and then pulled out my purchase from the big load of globes he had on board. We did a quick inspection and then headed into town for breakfast. We had a long conversation about our lives, gas & oil, Old Gas, and anything else we could think of, and then Ted headed down the road into Montana and then north towards the Calgary area!
Its things like this that make this hobby so enjoyable! Great friends, great stuff, and great times sharing the passion we all have for collecting these items from the past! What a great time! Drive safe Ted!

I had the pleasure of working with Ted a number of years ago, super guy. I remember him showing me pictures of his globes, I just wish I was into this stuff back then. Here's a pic from the job we worked at, Ted on the left in the red and me on the right in the brown. Remember this job Ted? Andrew.

DSC02380.JPG
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Hi all, yep Ted is a good egg, he visited with me last winter on his time off from working up here in northern Saskatchewan.
Went to another auction this past Saturday, this auction was a relative of the one I went to 2 weeks ago where I landed my B/A score. I didn't get this sign at the last auction, so I thought I would try my luck at this one and got lucky.

Hung up.

Nice sign and happy to get it.

Ken.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Well it's day 3 of TC's great ride across the continent (not to be confused with RAGBRAI!) and he is in Calgary. As KW reported he is selling some of his non-essential globes to OGers. Rather than shipping by commercial carrier he is personally delivering the globes himself to ensure they arrive in one piece instead of pieces. After a quick one day trip across the US he headed up to Canada and dropped off a few globes at MM place and then 6 more at my house.
He is staying the night before running off to Red Deer to deliver some more globes. Thanks Ted for taking the time and effort to make sure that the booty arrived in one piece undamaged.

OG pictures 164 (400x300) (375x281).jpg
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Got another sign tonight. Did some trading and got this nice Mobilgas truck cab sign.

Quart and Liter can relidding and dent removal services.PM for detail and pricing.
Collecting Mobil and other graphic quart cans.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
So I am sitting here with Ted and looking at the above posts and said "man your getting a lot of love on OG"! His response: "yeah I am getting more strokes here than at home!" LOL. I asked if his wife used the computer!?

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: Gasman84470
Well it's day 3 of TC's great ride across the continent and he is in Calgary.

LOL-- Ted must not be working up a sweat on the drive---I see he's still wearing the same shirt!
He better change it for the next picture! LOL!!

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
A ROCO globe

OG pictures 158 (360x270) (350x263).jpg
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
North Star Globes

OG pictures 155 (350x263).jpg OG pictures 159 (350x263).jpg OG pictures 157 (350x263).jpg
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
More North Star

OG pictures 156 (350x263).jpg OG pictures 154 (350x263).jpg
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Thanks Ted for the opportunity to radically increase my North Star collection (which was one globe!) Chances like this don't come around often.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Here is my BOTW. Never seen another like it before and had to have it since I do quality/PI work for a living. cool

S
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
S

Mike
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Fred...Wow, great North Star globes. Wish, I knew about the sale.

Dave GILL,
Dave's Garage & Memorabilia, Inc.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
[quote=Redfishangler]Here is my BOTW. Never seen another like it before and had to have it since I do quality/PI work for a living. cool

that GM sign is killer, never seen that sign before-
gotta be a one only... cool

RANDY
T
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
T
What he said!!!!

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings