Oldgas.com Home

Home | Help | Events | Classifieds | Bookstore | Pictures | Auctions | Links | Collectors | Parts | Contact

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#565073 - Mon Sep 01 2014 11:39 PM Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - Aug 25th - 31st, 2014 [Re: Tom Stover]
bsplichal95 Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Hays, Kansas
Great looking stuff everyone! Man, some awesome stuff this week.

Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#565133 - Tue Sep 02 2014 09:54 AM Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - Aug 25th - 31st, 2014 [Re: bsplichal95]
BryceG Online   content
Veteran Member

Loc: Peoria, IL
Nice matching Cities hats Kevin & Ted!

Follow Me & my Finds on Instagram: @bryce_gillespie
Collection & Items for Sale: www.OnceAlwaysPetro.com

#565222 - Tue Sep 02 2014 04:54 PM Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - Aug 25th - 31st, 2014 [Re: Tom Stover]
Bullitt1 Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Ontario Canada
Met TC (Ted) in Columbus this year and had a beer with him...Super nice guy!!! Dave

#565392 - Wed Sep 03 2014 01:55 AM Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - Aug 25th - 31st, 2014 [Re: Bullitt1]
TC Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Brantford,Ontario, Canada
I would like to thank a few old gassers, Kevin and Laurie Frith and Fred and Bev Minsing for their heart warming hospitality on my quick trip out west. Also old gasser Kim Pyett, who has a very outstanding collection, and Garnet Eastcott who also has an amazing collection. Still on the road, hope to be home on Thursday. Hats off to you guys. Thanks again for buying my globes. Ted

#565843 - Thu Sep 04 2014 09:40 PM Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - Aug 25th - 31st, 2014 [Re: TC]
Gas globe guy Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: MI
Here are my buys. Will have some more awesome cans coming soon. Special thanks to Olddutchgas for the nice Premier lens(Aaron and Lonnie) Darin Sheffer for the very very nice Leonard can, and bagged1961 for the Oilzum.

Thanks
Noah

Attachments
phpe4T6Q2PM.jpg

#565877 - Fri Sep 05 2014 01:36 AM Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - Aug 25th - 31st, 2014 [Re: Gas globe guy]
Dave's Garage Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Abbotsford, British Columbia, ...
Looks good Noah.

#566035 - Fri Sep 05 2014 07:20 PM Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - Aug 25th - 31st, 2014 [Re: Dave's Garage]
Gas globe guy Offline
Veteran Member

One you dont see everyday.

Attachments
phpCZpS3dPM.jpg

#566036 - Fri Sep 05 2014 07:25 PM Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - Aug 25th - 31st, 2014 [Re: Gas globe guy]
advertologist Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: So. Ca.
Originally Posted By: Gas globe guy

Noah,
came out alright, cool... cool

#566043 - Fri Sep 05 2014 07:43 PM Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - Aug 25th - 31st, 2014 [Re: advertologist]
DWSheffer Online   content
Veteran Member

Loc: Michigan
Thanks to my buddy Noah for the pair of NOS Marathon Diesel 2 lenses in the original shipping box. I found an address inside saying they were made for Marathon Oil Company, Lafayette, IN and on the outside shipped to Plainfield Oil Co., Plainfield, IN. Noah was great to deal with on these and did a heck of a good packing job as well.
Darin

#566044 - Fri Sep 05 2014 07:43 PM Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - Aug 25th - 31st, 2014 [Re: advertologist]
Gas globe guy Offline
Veteran Member

Originally Posted By: advertologist
Originally Posted By: Gas globe guy

Noah,
came out alright, cool... cool

I got this one from an Oldgasser. Its a 5 qt. Im sending the couple qts that I got to a guy to redo for me.

#566045 - Fri Sep 05 2014 07:47 PM Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - Aug 25th - 31st, 2014 [Re: DWSheffer]
Gas globe guy Offline
Veteran Member

Originally Posted By: DWSheffer
Thanks to my buddy Noah for the pair of NOS Marathon Diesel 2 lenses in the original shipping box. I found an address inside saying they were made for Marathon Oil Company, Lafayette, IN and on the outside shipped to Plainfield Oil Co., Plainfield, IN. Noah was great to deal with on these and did a heck of a good packing job as well.
Darin

Glad you got em safely!! Will look good with all your other globes! This is what this hobby is about. Helping others. Not the money.

#566046 - Fri Sep 05 2014 07:49 PM Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - Aug 25th - 31st, 2014 [Re: Gas globe guy]
BryceG Online   content
Veteran Member

Loc: Peoria, IL
a couple smalls, and for some reason the small cities service valve oil bottle is hard to find in good condition (or at least it has been for me) so I was glad to get this mint one...

Attachments
cities_smalls.jpg

Follow Me & my Finds on Instagram: @bryce_gillespie
Collection & Items for Sale: www.OnceAlwaysPetro.com

#567056 - Tue Sep 09 2014 03:50 PM Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - Aug 25th - 31st, 2014 [Re: minuteman]
redindianguy Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Originally Posted By: minuteman
nice original paint flying A....love that green!!

Thought you liked red and black

#567076 - Tue Sep 09 2014 05:04 PM Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - Aug 25th - 31st, 2014 [Re: redindianguy]
Gasman84470 Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Calgary AB
I don't think MM is any different than any of us-we all love green!

#701432 - Fri Dec 29 2017 06:23 PM Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - Aug 25th - 31st, 2014 [Re: K W FRITH]
redindianguy Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Originally Posted By K W FRITH
Ted Czerechowicz (TC on Old Gas), sent me a list of globes he had for sale as he wanted to concentrate on just 3 or 4 brands instead of having a Heinz 57 collection of nearly everything! Of course I wanted to buy several, but restrained myself to purchasing this gorgeous Red Indian on a screw base body!
Ted also collects Cities Service and has one of the most complete collections of Cities globes around, and because of that, we've gotten to know each other quite well. He has been to my place a couple of times and since he had sold over 20 globes this time, he decided to deliver them all instead of shipping them! Well, it works out to nearly 5000 miles, but he's having a nice time and will be stopping to see several contacts along the way.
After crossing the border and stopping in Michigan, he motored right on thru to Devils Lake and finally got here about 1 AM on Saturday night. We stuffed him into the guest bedroom and called it a night. We were up early for a tour of my collection the next morning, and then pulled out my purchase from the big load of globes he had on board. We did a quick inspection and then headed into town for breakfast. We had a long conversation about our lives, gas & oil, Old Gas, and anything else we could think of, and then Ted headed down the road into Montana and then north towards the Calgary area!
Its things like this that make this hobby so enjoyable! Great friends, great stuff, and great times sharing the passion we all have for collecting these items from the past! What a great time! Drive safe Ted!

This was Ted Great Story Kevin and awesome picture

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Click on magnifying glass icon on lower left to search eBay

Copyright © 2016 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved