Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
W
Thats what I would say and agree with..

Wes.......
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Good thread, Love the signs and that they are all marked but agree that they need to be dated for the future generations.

Thanks
Mike

Always Looking for any Pure Oil and Sunoco Items.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Originally Posted By: blacktee
Originally Posted By: luminor89
You know what these "ultra high quality signs" have in common with cheapy tinny 5oz ebay repop's they're both GENUINE JUNK!!!
PERIOD. wink I hope they will be marked by this company "vault".

Typical Newbie

The company should get rid of any other's manufactures marks/names, and should show photos of his companies Name and "Date", on their website. Other than that, leave the man alone with your two cent B.S.

Sorry for being harsh but even YOU know repop's ruin this hobby. If this man's goal is to make identical copies of iconic signs great. Chase your dream!!! I am glad to see they're marked to provide simple proof of being a cloned sign. I agree with Steve C. 100% these should have "reproduction" marked onto them as well. As this hobby reaches a peak I believe the Barrett Jackson crowd will eat these up. Who's to say YOU sir can't burned in the years coming if one of these get's artificially aged in some guys backyard. Think of how sick you'd feel. But hey! I'm just a young "Typical Newbie"!
-Anthony

Last edited by luminor89; Sun Jul 20 2014 09:30 PM.
R
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
R
A web site address fired into the back of a sign pretty well post dates an early thirties original by several decades. Also read as reproduction.

ROD [Mich.]
W
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
W
My understanding after a conversation with Chad the owner is that the signs they are manufacturing are NOT clones/reproductions of any sign, he referred them to me as a fantasy sign as they are not trying to reproduce the old signage but create new signs..he also tells me that there are major differences in what he makes and the older versions. ( keep in mind it's easier to work WITH someone than AGAINST them ).. as he is already in business, so your not going to stop the signs from being made , lets work together, there is room for everyone..in this hobby..

Wes.......
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
According to his website they pride themselves in EXACT RECREATIONS after spending years studying how originals were made.
Let's just wait 5-10 years and see what happens.

"Remember, history that is forgotten is doomed to repeat itself!"
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Kindly allow for further clarification. The number of signs we handcraft each year is very small. Of those, nearly all of them are fantasy pieces (consisting primarily of luxury sports car brands) that our clients commission us to build for them. There is a reason for this: the number of sheer man hours to handcraft a single piece of porcelain artwork to the high level of quality that our customers requires, carries with it a cost. As such, these signs tend to be appreciated only by clients who are desiring something uniquely beautiful.

So, while the process by which to create our signs is historically accurate to how signs from the 1930's-1950's were originally manufactured, the cost to produce them is likely going to prohibit the kind of trading hands that is being discussed.

With that said, however, I sure would enjoy collaborating with the hobby to come out with limited-edition signs in quantities that make it feasible for both novice and collectors alike to add a rare sign to their collection that they otherwise would never have an opportunity to own. Something of high enough quality to which even the purists could appreciate, much like has been done with reverse-on-glass globes. I love partnerships and appreciate Wes Hague saying that we could ‘work together’. If my company made an investment in ‘production’ of multiples, of say 10, 15 or 25 pieces, that the market would accept, it would be something that I'd really enjoy working on and would be an exciting project.

Chad Haas
Chief Gearhead
VAULT�
12725 SW Millikan Way, Suite 300
Beaverton, OR 97005-1687
http://www.vaultgarage.com
http://www.facebook.com/VaultGarage
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Car Project auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved