Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#55318 Sun Jul 22 2001 04:32 PM
J
OP Offline
J
hi all

I'm reworking a gilbarco 906 and am in the process of cleaning the computer. For lack of anything better I'm using brake cleaner and a toothbrush then rinsing with more brake cleaner and drying... that part is going fairly well... now my question...once i got it clean enough to move some, I noticed that the gallons numbers turn but the dollars don't...can someone give me an idea why ??? is there a better method of cleaning... it's a shame there isn't a good way to dunk this thing and then blow it out. like a carb...

so come on guys help me get it clean and working properly ??? please ???

john

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#55319 Sun Jul 22 2001 08:08 PM
G
G
Take your meter to a local engine rebuild shop and tell them you want it boiled out. It works great, loosens gummed up parts and almost always makes a meter work like new. You will although need to replace the numbers as the process removes the old numbers.

------------------

#55320 Mon Jul 23 2001 06:48 AM
S
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
S
After you get your computer boiled, call Vic's Place @ 888 918 7867 and we will fix you up with number wheel repair sheets. We offer them in white background w/ black numbers, black background w/ white numbers,or silver background w/ black numbers.
Seth/Vic's Place

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved