Print Thread
#540136 Wed Jun 04 2014 07:39 PM
J
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
J
Hi all,
In need of a sight glass for a Bowser. Its the big oval glass used on the 557,575 etc. Pm or email me if you can help. Could use a reset assy (shaft, crank, & mounting hardware etc) too if you happen to have one.
Thanks, Jeff

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Jeff,
Is this it?
You Probably Can't Afford it! But Send me your addy.
db

_001.JPG
J
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
J
Many Thanks to DB for the help. Thanks Dick!
DB says I owe him something funny on old gas for his stepping up. Here you go Dick..... Hope this isn't too long..

Here is an email sent to Clarence Page of the Chicago Tribune after an article he published concerning a name change for the Washington Redskins.

Dear Mr. Page:

I always love your articles, and I generally agree with them. I would suggest, as in an email I received, they change the name to the "Foreskins" to better represent their community, paying tribute to the d!?k heads in Congress.

Here are some other politically correctness to consider:

I agree with our Native American population . I am highly insulted by the racially charged name of the Washington Redskins. One might argue that to name a professional football team after Native Americans would exalt them as fine warriors, but nay, nay. We must be careful not to offend, and in the spirit of political correctness and courtesy, we must move forward.

Let's ditch the Kansas City Chiefs, the Atlanta Braves and the Cleveland Indians. If your shorts are in a wad because of the reference the name Redskins makes to skin color, then we need to get rid of the Cleveland Browns.

The Carolina Panthers obviously were named to keep the memory of militant Blacks from the 60's alive . Gone. It's offensive to us white folk.

The New York Yankees offend the Southern population . Do you see a team named for the Confederacy? No! There is no room for any reference to that tragic war that cost this country so many young men's lives.

]I am also offended by the blatant references to the Catholic religion among our sports team names. Totally inappropriate to have the New Orleans Saints, the Los Angeles Angels or the San Diego Padres.

Then there are the team names that glorify criminals who raped and pillaged . We are talking about the horrible Oakland Raiders, the Minnesota Vikings, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and the Pittsburgh Pirates!

Now, let us address those teams that clearly send the wrong message to our children. The San Diego Chargers promote irresponsible fighting or even spending habits. Wrong message to our children.

The New York Giants and the San Francisco Giants promote obesity, a growing childhood epidemic. Wrong message to our children.

The Cincinnati Reds promote downers/barbiturates . Again, wrong message to our children.

The Milwaukee Brewers---well that goes without saying... another wrong message to our children.

As for the Pittsburgh Steelers... who knows how many young men and women were encouraged to embark on a career of crime.

So, there you go. We need to support any legislation that comes out to rectify this travesty, because the government will likely become involved with this issue, as they should. Just the kind of thing the do-nothing congress loves.

As a die hard Oregon State fan, my wife and I, with all of this in mind, it might also make some sense to change the name of the Oregon State women's athletic teams to something other than "the Beavers."

Keep on Laughing, Jeff

Last edited by jrwienri; Wed Jun 04 2014 10:01 PM.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
LOL
That's more Sports Reporting than I've READ in 55 YEARS! NOW I know why.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Project Car auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved