Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
K
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
K
" stuff " in every room... sue don't mind as long as I dust !!!!

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
J
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
J
Here is my very first pump, A Tokheim 39 that found its way onto our plant ledge in our foyer

K
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
K
Welcome back JJ I missed you.
Before I built my country store to display my collection I had stuff everywhere it was fine with Nita because she new it was going to B removed.I wanted to get it all displayed so I could enjoy the smell,the look,the feel,the memories.

MEMORIES ARE FOREVER
REX

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Don,
Throw in the UGLY clockface parts pump & ya got a deal

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Thunder,
I did the laundry once, threw ALL the whites in, then left an empty box of starch on the lid of washer. I'll bet she washed that load 5 times that day !He He

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Basically my deal is like Jarvis and some others.
My collection can be in the basement/game room, or the garage, but you can forget about the rest of the house! It has also become clear to me that like in value, condition plays a huge role in what my wife likes. I still remember the look on her face when I pulled a "rough" sign from a box, and she said "gee dear, that one has a LOT of character, doesn't it..." but if it is a small NOS or close to it porcelain pump sigh she always says "that's really nice!"
It all goes out the door except the pump if I die first, however. She has decided to keep it in loving memory!

J
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
J
John,

Great topic! I've got a G&B T-176 in the foyer and a Milwaukee Tank Works previsible in the living room. I recently built a 30 x 45 garage/gameroom in the back yard that houses the rest of my collection. I had planned to move the Correct Measure visible from beside the driveway to a spot beside the new building when I got protests from my wife! She said the pump was our "landmark" and was how we gave directions to our house. She suggested that I get another pump to display beside the new garage/gameroom's door. I think that I'll keep her!

Jim Winter

Jim Winter
R
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
R
Gee, you know, I have just the opposite problem. My wife is an avid Pepsi Cola collector. I just finished remodeling a room in the house that is devoted to only Pepsi, which she has filled up already and there are still trays down both sides of the hallway, clocks in the utility room and basement, repro signs in the kitchen, thermometers here in the computer room. My petro items are all in the garage.I only have three pumps- one recently finished pump in the garage, one out beside the garage and one in the workshop. which, by the way has eight Pepsi clocks on the wall. For the past couple years she has been hounding me about building another garage so I can then finish off part of the present one for more--- yup you guessed it.
[Excuse me while I go look at the fine print on the marriage license.]
Seriously though, this household seems to have too many collections and I never considered bringing any petro stuff into the house. [also I only have 7' ceilings and a partial basement.]

------------------
ROD [Mich.]

ROD [Mich.]
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I've only been at this a few years and it was a can and sign hobby that started innocently enough in the recently vacated bedroom on one wall with an antique china closet-------well now the room is room is becoming crowded and the daughter prefers to sleep on the couch when she visits instead of her bed. I woodwork as a hobby and more and more projects turn into petroliana resting places! My wife thinks I've lost it. But thanks to some of you guys---I seem like I've this well under control!!

........Dave
P
P
When I first started, all my "stuff" was displayed in my office at Mobil. After a few years I brought it all home for display in an 8' x 8' solarium/plant room right off the family room. In the next house it went into an extra bedroom on the 2nd floor that was about 12' x 12'. When we retired and moved back to Ohio, I added a room off the master bedroom that's 22' x 20' with 12' ceilings and used exclusively for the collection. I still have about 20% of the wall space available for more goodies, but after that it will be "buy a new sign, take down an old one to make space". I must say that my wife's always been supportive of my collecting, as long as the stuff "stays in it's room". So far that seems to have worked out well.

------------------
Richard Weir
"Pegasus"
Hillsboro, Ohio

[This message has been edited by pegasus (edited 01-10-2005).]

Richard Weir
Corinth, Texas
A
A
Awesome topic!! I have basically taken all room up with my stuff. I have my 300 in a living room, along with my 6' Texaco sign and a newer Quaker State tombstone. My wife's china cabinet is full of my Texaco banks, along with my pens, maps, cans, and other small stuff. Then I have a small cabinet with a bunch of other stuff including what she passionatly calls "rock" which are old pieces of the mother road. Rocks...still get cranky with that one.
Oh yeah, also, my kitchen is full of 40s and 50s Coke and Pepsi bottles.
Come to think of it, I've taken over the house!!

Speaking for:
Awesome Consepts Enterprises
T
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
T
Since I was "born in a barn" my Petro stuff has been relegated to the barn.

My barn is actually an old dairy barn that was built around 1915 by Danish Dairy Farmers (from Wisconsin). The front section of our barn (30' x 30') which is the original stalls and hay area, houses a game room with pinball machines, video games and a fifties diner. The middle section is the old tractor shed (had a dirt floor when we bought the property) and is now our garage (26' x 26') and The Poor Mans Museum of Petro Junk. The last section is a smaller tractor shed/garage (13' x 17') and right now is storage. As soon as I can build another garage I'm going to move the storage and the wife's car out of my barn so I can expand my collection.

Currently working on several pumps to display and have two pumps on display in the garage now, two in the back of the barn in the Texaco station and one in front, plus a whole line of unrestored visible pumps in the barnyard.

The only Petro things in the house are my computer and some of my books. My wife is an interior decorator and I don't believe that she will ever see Petro as part of our interior decorating scheme.

Thank God for that barn!

[This message has been edited by the poor mans museum (edited 01-10-2005).]

C Cragg
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
We have petro stuff in every room except the bathroom. Hmmm, I'll have to find something to put in there. LOL.

My wife has never complained about the amount of time I spend on the hobby. She has "mentioned" how much money I spend. LOL.

JJ, I hope your key still works when you get back from Columbia.

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved