Oldgas.com Home  
Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
#1 Denied Insurance Claim is for Poor/Insufficient Protection & Packaging. Packages are not treated the same as 1st Class Passengers, they are not Babied in transient.

Cylinders, Globe Bodies & Lenses have been received Broken & w/o a mark on outer box [I once seen a CROWN in 1,000's of pieces that was shipped Double Boxed by a well known seller & NO MARKS on outer box].

Archived Forum Area

These topics are archived because they are older. You may not post new replies. Contact member through their email in their Profile or by PM message.
Help with contacting members

D
D
Thanks O.G.members
I want you to know, that some of you guys are funnier than shitola!!!! Even if this guy doesn't take any responsibility for the crating, which is all I wanted him to do in the first place, you guys have made me feel a whole lot better….
We all know that this sign was not in the best shape when I purchase it. It was always intended to be a fence sign, but needless say, we don't want any further damage. I made several attempts to deal with this and he just kept denying any responsibility. I find it kind of sad though, that he is just one of those guys that will never get it, I believe.
I will do my best to get some pictures posted over the the next day or two. I have never posted any pictures on this website! I will have to figure out how to post them.
The challenge is, I still have flip phone

Thanks for all your comments!
David

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
David--If you take a couple digital pictures and email them to me, I will post them for you. kwfrith@gondtc.com

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I think it is always the sellers responsibility to make sure an item is received as it left the shipping address…..

Braden Splichal

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Here are Davids pictures, as taken by the Fed-ex shipping center.
First pic shows the damage from the front
2nd pic shows the degree that the edge is bent over

David 1.jpg David 2.jpg

kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
You know the shipper had to get pretty rough with things to do that kind of damage to one of these signs . Zip ties or not that thing looks like they droped it off a dock or ran over the edge . Hopefully things get worked out between parties , I can't imagine anyone shipping a cyl or globe after seeing this .

I like SINCLAIR and old American made stuff ... No china items.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
thats crazy... that thing had to have been dropped from 6ft+ in order to do that!

Wanted: Sweney Oil items - Peoria, IL
Weekly Oil Can Auctions: www.OilCanAuctions.com
Collection & Items for Sale: www.OnceAlwaysPetro.com
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I do think if it had been sandwiched between plywood and reinforced with screws, damage may not have occurred or at least not as bad. I feel for both parties, but at least buyer wasn't expecting a 9.5 sign. This is supposed to be a fun hobby, but as with anything, it does have its discouraging moments. Hope you two will try your best at the "golden rule" and remain on good terms.

John

......John
fanfan75601@yahoo.com
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Once an edge slips out the box it would bend over easily. Zip ties and packing sharp 100lb sign= not smart. I have sliced my hand on many of the edges on my larger signs.

Scott Wright
D
D
When I arrived on the Fedex dock, I see in front of me two sides use to crate something leaning against a pillar, I was hoping that was not mine. Sure enough, they were the two completely separated sides that would have crated my sign. I was able to locate the sign in a Fedex trailer with the help of the dock worker, that is where these pictures were taken. And he tells me, it looks like a bad crating job, AGAIN….
Fedex has since covered the claim at $.50 per pound shipping weight. That adds up to $77.00 and change for the damage, plus the shipping costs…

I guess, In the end, all this stuff doesn't really matter anyway.

Thanks Oldgas

T
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
T
This post needs to come to a head and be POPPED!
Here is my thoughts...
I have had people buys signs then NOT want to insure them???
So for a few bucks I pay it myself!!! Just to cover my butt and theirs! PERIOD!
I have had people arrange shipping before BUT I AM TOTALLY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE PACKING JOB!!!
In my opinion, The packing job was WAY inadequate! Thus indianationals OWES for the damage! PERIOD!
Sign was rough already BUT still incurred 100-200 in damage!
Indianationals, YOU need to partially refund him OR face permanent damage to your reputation and ability to sell here...
People need to held responsible for their deglect in packing!
Lastly, oldgas moderators need to evaluate this and voice an opinion...Perhaps even make guidelines for proper packing and penalties for NOT covering your buyers!!!

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I believe a 60/40 split at least is in order. Indiananational should feel at least 60 percent responsible and David should have asked for insurance and pictures of the packing job up front.

Seeking Knowledge and a Good Deal.
Always looking for neon signs and skins , Flying A ,& Wayne 60s.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I still believe that packing is the culprit here and the packer is 100% at fault.

kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I'm of the opinion that they got into this situation via a private transaction and thats how they need to now resolve it. Privately between themselves.

I don’t feel that they need anyone to adjudicate a solution for them.

I feel that this thread has served it's purpose. They both have a clear idea of where the membership stands on the particular subject of responsibility. I'm sure other current sellers also have a much more clearer picture of what is expected of them by Buyer's on this site.

If I read the buyers recent post correctly it appears that the buyer has received some monies ($77.00 plus free shipping) from the shipping company for the damage. To me this means that the shipping company has accepted that they were responsible to a degree for the damage.

Buyer and seller need to determine on their own if that is sufficient or not.

In my opinion, we are now flogging a dead horse.

Last edited by Dave's Garage; Tue Jun 03 2014 04:19 PM.

Dave GILL,
Dave's Garage & Memorabilia, Inc.
I
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
I
In all honesty I think he just wants it for free if he already got back $77 + shipping what more should be done

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Car Project auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved