I
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
I
Sold the Marathon- small Sinclair- lion 5ft- Goodyear tubes

The rest are still for sale make me some offers and I will see if I can work it

Archived Forum Area

These topics are archived because they are older. You may not post new replies. Contact member through their email in their Profile or by PM message.
Help with contacting members

A
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
A
i will take the red crown if still available

D
D
Old gas members,
Can you guys help me out? Do you feel a seller is responsible to any degree if an item shipped arrives damaged due to faulty crating ? This guy 'Indiananational' used a couple dozen small white 4inch zip ties to secure 1/2 inch plywood together for a 60' round lion sign purchased, I suggested he use screws. Sign arrived with a major crease/bend…All zip ties were broken off and plywood completely separated. I did not put additional insurance on it, do to it condition and thinking the wood crating was sufficient. HE CLAIMS IT NOT HIS PROBLEM, ITS MINE……I feel he should step up to the plate and reimburse me some dollars.
Thanks for your feedback!!!!!!!!!
David

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Originally Posted By: David Montailbo
Old gas members,
Can you guys help me out? Do you feel a seller is responsible to any degree if an item shipped arrives damaged due to faulty crating ? This guy 'Indiananational' used a couple dozen small white 4inch zip ties to secure 1/2 inch plywood together for a 60' round lion sign purchased, I suggested he use screws. Sign arrived with a major crease/bend…All zip ties were broken off and plywood completely separated. I did not put additional insurance on it, do to it condition and thinking the wood crating was sufficient. HE CLAIMS IT NOT HIS PROBLEM, ITS MINE……I feel he should step up to the plate and reimburse me some dollars.
Thanks for your feedback!!!!!!!!!
David

Ouch, I would hope the seller steps up and makes it right. Might want to post a few pics of the damage.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
David I concur 100%. In situations like this and I have had 2, OGers fell over themselves to credit the damage back to me in some fashion. There was no back and forth. All major businesses will do the same with damaged goods. This on casts a bad light on your business practices.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

...I guess this is what it looked like 'before' shipping - I think you should post pics of the 'after', as well as the shipping materials...

Looking for better Gulf items: signs, globes, cans and paper - especially porcelain Gulf flanges, and Gulf A-38 & A-62 ad glass...
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I agree with luminor89 and Gasman84470. Although, it really doesn't surprise me

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
The SELLER is ALWAYS responsible because it was he that packaged it! Do a half baked flimsy job and you're asking for problems. If you're going to sell ANYTHING and mail it to the buyer, you need to do an adequate job of packing it!
Insurance is for that rare problem with unforeseen circumstances that destroys the article. It is not intended to protect the package.
indiananationals is responsible!

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
[quote=KW Frith]If you're going to sell ANYTHING and mail it to the buyer, you need to do an adequate job of packing it!
Insurance is for that rare problem with unforeseen circumstances that destroys the article. It is not intended to protect the package.
indiananationals is responsible!

The Gas Gods a have spoken.

Last edited by Maxgas; Mon Jun 02 2014 01:33 PM.

-MAXGAS-
Looking for Independent Gas & Oil, Oilzum,& Early FORD dealership items.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Insurance is Always the Responsibility of the seller as he is the owner of item till it is Received by you in same condition as pictured when paid for.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Red paper clip?... Anyone ?

I like SINCLAIR and old American made stuff ... No china items.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Zip ties!!!... never had that done to me. Always screws. He may as well have used his red paperclips...

http://oldgas.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=73340&Number=451944#Post451944

Sell me your Gilmore Oil Co. stuff...
I
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
I
okay let's put the real story out therefine with purchased by david under the circumstances that he handle all shipping I told him I would crate it up and he was responsible to setup shipping and insurance my fedex driver agreed with me that the item was very sound when it left me I would have insured the item as I always do with thinks like this if I had set IP shipping how can I be responsible if I didn't set it up ....the packing was very sound when it left me it had crazy amount of zip ties holding it together ...I don't except anyone here to agree but why would i be responsible if he set it up .....post some pics let's see the damage

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
If he requested screws, why didn't you use them? Just curious.

Sell me your Gilmore Oil Co. stuff...
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: indiananationals
but why would i be responsible if he set it up

...because you PACKED the item! Zip ties aren't made to hold things with metal edges in place, because they are easily cut...

RULE #1 - always pack an item as you would want it packed, if you had bought it and the seller was sending it to you...

Looking for better Gulf items: signs, globes, cans and paper - especially porcelain Gulf flanges, and Gulf A-38 & A-62 ad glass...
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Car Project auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved