Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
...Alice Cooper + zip ties...ROTFLMAO! grin

Looking for better Gulf items: signs, globes, cans and paper - especially porcelain Gulf flanges, and Gulf A-38 & A-62 ad glass...
Archived Forum Area

These topics are archived because they are older. You may not post new replies. Contact member through their email in their Profile or by PM message.
Help with contacting members

I
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
I
Kinda hard for me to insure a item I had nothing to do with setting up.....is what I love is everyone jumps all over me and takes his side with no shred of proof of damage even....not that I would expect any different...

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
...OK - let's see the damage to the sign, and the packaging...

Looking for better Gulf items: signs, globes, cans and paper - especially porcelain Gulf flanges, and Gulf A-38 & A-62 ad glass...
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
2 sep. issues as I see it. One, the packaging was allegedly inadequate. Two, the buyer arranged and paid for the shipping and pick up.
If two is as I stated, then the lack of insurance falls on the arranger/payer(who actually paid the shipper?).

If one is as stated, and two is as stated, you can argue all day long about who is going to be financially responsible (when you arrange and pay for shipping you kinda take responsibility because the sender then has no basis upon which to file a claim on the buyer's behalf.

You might zip tie components within a vehicle together, but I'll bet you would never consider zipping the body to the frame- same physics going on with the sign and the box moving independently of one another. The weak link (zip ties) will eventually fail....

Collecting the Mississippi companies:
Billups, Southland, Rose Oil,Crystal Oil, Barq's
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Dick

I don't respect anyone until they earn it

see me at Mason Dixon Gas, Spring Carlisle M114-115, and Hershey C4E-35.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: Dave Richey
2 sep. issues as I see it. One, the packaging was allegedly inadequate. Two, the buyer arranged and paid for the shipping and pick up.
If two is as I stated, then the lack of insurance falls on the arranger/payer(who actually paid the shipper?).

If one is as stated, and two is as stated, you can argue all day long about who is going to be financially responsible (when you arrange and pay for shipping you kinda take responsibility because the sender then has no basis upon which to file a claim on the buyer's behalf.

You might zip tie components within a vehicle together, but I'll bet you would never consider zipping the body to the frame- same physics going on with the sign and the box moving independently of one another. The weak link (zip ties) will eventually fail....

SO, if that's the case seller could have wrapped w/ tissue paper?

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Sounds like the seller hasn't seen a pic of aftermath yet

see me at Mason Dixon Gas, Spring Carlisle M114-115, and Hershey C4E-35.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Even if he had Insurance it is useless if it was packaged incorrectly. And zip ties would fall into that category.

"Remember, history that is forgotten is doomed to repeat itself!"
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
omg
I think what you mean by setting up shipping is that David said he would find and pay the shipping?
In your own words you said you would crate it.
Would it have arrived safe and sound had you set up shipping ?
probably would have been the same. Another case of passing the buck.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
That is a pretty lame excuse. Better to accept some percentage of responsibility as it will pay dividends in future business and goodwill in the long run.

Argument.jpg

Dave GILL,
Dave's Garage & Memorabilia, Inc.
B
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
B
^^^Now that's funny^^^ and I told you so! no one want to believe me

M
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
M
Sometime back I purchased several oil cans through Oldgas. Seller paid for insurance and was shipped. However when I received the package it had been dropped and most of the twelve cans I purchased I received were damaged and one was missing. I received the insurance information from the seller and took it to the post office and filed a claim. Claim came back denied, improper packaging. Did the seller give any of my money back, no. I had to eat it.

I'm sure that if the merchandise had been insured in this case, the claim would have also been denied. Its not the driver who makes the final decision of accepting or denying the claim. I can understand both sides but it seems that the seller should make some kind of compensation once actually seeing the damage to the sign.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Buyer says sign arrived with a major crease/ bend.
To me,
I would think it was not packaged right.

Buyer should have paid for insurance.

Porcelain signs are pretty tough, how did it get bent? Sounds like the shipping company also is at fault. If it was damaged enough to give it a major bend, would it have made any difference if screws were used? Hard to say after the fact but it looks to me all three parties involved could have done better.

US Air Force Retired, 1981-2007
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I wrap a sign in bubble wrap, then a blanket , then screw it between 2 sheets of plywood with 1 X 2's around edge all screwed together. It sounds poorly packed but we still haven't seen the proof.
LETS SEE THE SIGN. Prove this guy hosed you.

Seeking Knowledge and a Good Deal.
Always looking for neon signs and skins , Flying A ,& Wayne 60s.
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Car Project auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved