Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
B
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
B
A few days ago in Sacramento, CA the owner of STL=Sacramento Theatrical Lighting company lost his storage facility containing an amazing collection to a huge devasting fire. The fire started in early afternoon and destroyed everything. Many cars, motorcycles old bicycles, tons of automobilia, stage props signs, pumps etc he has used for car show displays, photos shoots, stage productions etc...

I hope he had insurnace to ease the financial pain, but the itmes lost would be very hard to aquire again.

Perhaps we should extend our thoughts and prayers to the Cox Family in this time of need.

http://www.sacbee.com/2014/04/03/6294508/update-sacramento-fire-crews-battle.html

http://www.sacbee.com/2014/04/03/6294673...oto%20Galleries

http://www.capradio.org/articles/2014/04/03/three-alarm-fire-in-midtown-sacramento/

Rick H, Sacramento Ca.
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Any pictures of Before the fire of the collection?
I Searched the web & didn't find any.

D
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
D
Rick, Do you have a contact for the Cox family?

I think I know what they are feeling as I had the same experience in 2000. Lost 300 signs, 40 pumps, 4 cars and lots of other kool stuff.....pretty much everything I had worked for, for 15 years. It was a really big hit.

It teaches you that many of the cliché's in life are sincere truths.....

"It could always be worse"

Glad none of my family was hurt...and for sure there have been matters in my life, like losing my parents, that were more devastating. Look around, there's a lot of people less fortunate no matter what your situation.

"Nothing lasts forever"

It's why we don't have too many things from the ages. People, material goods, and experiences...it all goes away in the end.
Everything that exists in time, runs out of time some day.

"Right now is the best it gets...and it is always now"

The fever was rampant and I had always dreamed of a bigger shed and a collection more vast. With it all gone and not enough time, money or opportunity to ever rebuild to that level again, I realized that what I once had WAS the top of the mountain. Don't overlook your good fortune today fretting about what you don't have or how much better it could be....you can worry yourself right out of a great moment.

Last edited by OK Used Cars; Sun Apr 06 2014 07:35 AM.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Ring, ring. Insurance company! I wonder how that works with such a vast collection?!

Last edited by luminor89; Sun Apr 06 2014 08:28 AM.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Devastating news no matter what the size of collection one has.

Originally Posted By: OK Used Cars

The fever was rampant and I had always dreamed of a bigger shed and a collection more vast. With it all gone and not enough time, money or opportunity to ever rebuild to that level again, I realized that what I once had WAS the top of the mountain. Don't overlook your good fortune today fretting about what you don't have or how much better it could be....you can worry yourself right out of a great moment.

This quote really hit head on with me, I often think back on what I had and 2nd guess my choice to sell off most of my collection. I really don't miss what I sold but I do look at old pictures and smile. Since selling off most of my collection it It has been less stressful not trying to be the first at a show, first at flea markets, obsessively scanning ebay and craigslist day and night. Now whatever I may have is fine with me.

"Remember, history that is forgotten is doomed to repeat itself!"
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Every collector's greatest fear. Almost difficult to imagine.

Dave GILL,
Dave's Garage & Memorabilia, Inc.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Almost every time I get passed by a fire truck I hope they don't go to my house.

Hope there is at least one thing to be saved from that disaster.

Oilzum, 1qt Oil Cans, Gas and Oil smalls, Oldsmobile collectables.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Originally Posted By: OK Used Cars
Rick, Do you have a contact for the Cox family?

I think I know what they are feeling as I had the same experience in 2000. Lost 300 signs, 40 pumps, 4 cars and lots of other kool stuff.....pretty much everything I had worked for, for 15 years. It was a really big hit.

It teaches you that many of the cliché's in life are sincere truths.....

"It could always be worse"

Glad none of my family was hurt...and for sure there have been matters in my life, like losing my parents, that were more devastating. Look around, there's a lot of people less fortunate no matter what your situation.

"Nothing lasts forever"

It's why we don't have too many things from the ages. People, material goods, and experiences...it all goes away in the end.
Everything that exists in time, runs out of time some day.

"Right now is the best it gets...and it is always now"

my sentiments exactly. went thru the same thing 3 yrs ago. had to keep looking at the bright side in that the house wasnt affected & nobody was hurt. the rest is just "stuff"...

in the aftermath, i have started thinning down the collections in the house. when you see how easily it can be lost, it just doesnt seem as important to keep "everything" anymore...

Last edited by sellersrodshop; Sun Apr 06 2014 10:23 PM.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
good thoughts sellersrodshop

Follow the Red Indian Trail

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved