Print Thread
#50994 Sun Jan 06 2002 12:32 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i have recently acquired a vizo pump, made by the boyle-dayton company, cut #74 with a serial number of 2968. it's in working condition, all original and under several chippy coats of paint i can see a union 76 decal. i'd like to know if this was originally a union 76 (or could it have been any other company). i've no clue as to how old it is. glass is in excellent condition, but it's missing the globe on top (if any). i can see screws (2) on the top of pump under the paint. any advice, guesses as to age, and info on the globe would be appreciated. i'd also like to know value as a semi-rough, operable pump and what i'd have if i cleaned it up and repainted. kinda new to this.
thanks!
ak

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#50995 Sun Jan 06 2002 11:05 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
My literature shows that pump being made in 1925 and 1926. Contact me at rscobie@gaspump.com for more information.
Ron Scobie

Ron Scobie
http://www.gaspump.com or
rscobie(TheAtSymbol)gaspump.com
Phone - Six five one-653-6503
#50996 Wed Jan 09 2002 10:46 AM
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
Boyle-Dayton made two different "Vizo" visible pumps in 1925. The Cut 61 was air only operated; the Cut 62 was air and hand operated. In 1926 they again used the "Vizo" name. The Cut 74; the 78 which was air only operated; the 83 was hand operated; the 87 was electric and hand operated; and the 89 was a air operated, full automatic visible. All are pictured in my forthcoming gas pump book and all are valued at $1200.00 unrestored.

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved