Click here for Air Meter auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
I searched the forum but couldn't find an answer so I'm sorry if this was covered already. I'm looking for lengths of rubber gasket that attaches to the top and bottom panels of a tokheim 452-P interceptor. Also the rubber around the upper ad glass as well as the glass (in front of the face). I also need (2) locks with keys. If anyone has (2) door panel stainless edges I'm interested in buying them from you. I've attached a photo below of the pump (with the parts I'm trying to explain). Thanks ahead of time.

Wally

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
the locks can be gotten at any lumber/hardware store like Lowes, Home Depot ect: in the cabinet hardware area. Try a local glass company for the seals as they have many styles or contact Ron Scobie thru his web site....
http://www.gaspump.com/

Thanks
Mike

Always Looking for any Pure Oil and Sunoco Items.
Most of the vendors that sell reproduction parts will have the rubber.

I have the stainless hose guards and locks.

FREEDOM oil items wanted.

J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
When I was restoring pumps I would just measure around the glass and order the rubber from a supplier.

My favorite place to buy the exact items I needed was:

gaspumpheaven.com

If you call, just tell Diane or Andy that Jack sent you. They are the greatest people to work with.

Jack Sim

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
With add glass rubber gasket or Window gasket, saythe original gasket would be 35" just make sure you add 1" at least or more for a proper fit.Its better to have a tad too much than not enough.And in my opinion the newer gasket isn't the same as the older original..Good Luck !!

Last edited by Keystone Gas Man; Sun Apr 14 2013 05:12 AM.

Looking for Keystone,Pure,Sinclair,Texaco,Sterling and Gulf...Thanks, Brian
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
I'm about 99% done with the Tokheim Interceptor. I believe it should have had the Sky Chief markings on it (circa 1961) but I just didn't like the look. The authenticity of the pump might not be on (because of the older style Texaco emblem) but I think it looks good like this and it should look just dandy in front of my garage this summer. If anyone ever refurbishes one of these the glass rubber gasket needs to fit 3/16" glass (so 1/8" won't work... not without a miracle!) I found some hard to find rubber extrusion on mcmaster.com and steelerubber.com. I just need to put the glass in and it's done. Thanks for all the posts.

Wally

Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
I decided to change up this pump a little so i changed a few markings on it (it didn't look like a '61 pump) and I finally installed the curved glass.
Here is the finished pump.

Wally

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
A good looking pair!

Dave GILL,
Dave's Garage & Memorabilia, Inc.
S
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
S
Nice job, Wally, did Mcmaster or Steeler have the rubber that goes around the doors?

Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Thanks Dave, I found the door rubber at McMaster Stevo... both pretty cool suppliers. Mcmaster sent out it in less than thirty minutes and it arrived in two days... impressive.

Wally

B
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
B
Very nice pump....love the top on that model. here's mine at home just after I got it. I've got some rubber and the ??? "hanger metal" on the inside the panels hang from (all rotted up) Need a new hose too. Pretty good shape but the bottom panels are scuffed all over...I hope I'm corrected but I dont believe I can buff out the porcelian. Fire chief badges were close to perfect and stamped 58 I believe.

Mine:

Last edited by Boxcar; Wed Jan 29 2014 04:40 AM.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Project Car auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved