Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Instead of focusing and bringing up the negative, I would rather think about all the GREAT deals that I have not had the funds to be able to get and the fact that I can't wait for my recent Great buys to get to me!
Have a great day to all in Oldgasland!!

LOOKING-4:WELDING SIGNS,Charter/Finance/PulOil/Trulite/TruTest-Oils,True's gas CORALINE/RAINBOW, Gardner 70 items of Yakima wa., Wa/Or/Id Chief items
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
And - Frankie's working OT finding us the stuff ! So yes why ? Just LOOK at his focus & concentration .

image.jpg

I like SINCLAIR and old American made stuff ... No china items.
Y
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Y
The old saying--- CASH TALKS!! Seems to help adjust asking prices many times.

Collect UNION 76 items only. Contact me if you have any interesting items for sale.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Sellers can price an item however they want.If its too high,it won't sell...especially around here.

Either they adjust their pricing, or they sit on it forever.

Imperial Oil collector..
cormy Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
This was an observation for things on this site for sale. Don't really want to get into the price of the items in general.. whistle

R
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
R
I've noticed a few things. Also have seen some good deals come & go here.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
The seller is the master of the offer. If it's a good deal, then it won't last for too long. If not, then it'll sit for a while until the price goes down. I don't have any issue with that. I trust OG members for their honesty and fairness.

There have been, and still are, some really good deals. Only thing is you have to be fast. Being on the west coast is a disadvantage to those nicely priced pieces posted on the east at 6am EST.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I've been thinking some items priced a little high lately, ( ok maybe some astronomical) but also see lots of good deals. I have no complaints.. Seem to be a lot of good people with integrity here..

Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
I'm not rich by any means,but I'll pay a lot if its something I just have to have,especially if it's listed on here.
I prefer to buy from some on this site as it's more personal & you get knowledge & background about the item too from them,as well as make a new friend too.

Ebay is always good for a chuckle.
So many sellers on ebay are listing things today with a BIN price along with "or make me an offer".
When I submit an offer on ebay,9 X out of 10 they reply back that they want more then my offer cause they just saw a similar item to theirs bring X amount a week or so ago.
I say OK and move on,while I make it a point to watch the final bid on their item.
9 X out of 10,it never gets any bids at all and just gets re-listed again & again & again..

Collecting Vintage Sunoco
B
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
B

The OP was about prices in the For Sale section on OG.
I don't remember seeing Frank list anything for sale here.

T
TC Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
I find most items are reasonably priced. What I find appalling is the price people put on porcelain signs that are all beat to hell, when they're in that rough shape, they're not worth ?#@! in my opinion. They should be used where they came from to cover rat holes in barns! Ted

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: TC
I find most items are reasonably priced. What I find appalling is the price people put on porcelain signs that are all beat to hell, when they're in that rough shape, they're not worth ?#@! in my opinion. They should be used where they came from to cover rat holes in barns! Ted

DANG, W/ Rats that big, it's gotta be the 2 legged Variety your referring to!

J
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
J
I understand the point of this topic was specifically that stuff seems high on here lately so maybe this is still off the topic but...I sell a little bit on here and I would prefer to see a percent of every sale go to OG also.

I too can name several people on here that use this site as their personal free version of ebay, why shouldn't OG get something for providing all who use this site a piece of the sales?

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I think I've sold every item I've listed on here except a couple, sometimes I can donate, sometimes I can't. No other forum I belong to charges fees to sell. I like it the way it is and if the prices seem high now they might correct eventually, otherwise the seller will figure out this isn't the place to sell. Asking prices are up everywhere.

C
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
C
OP needs to get out more and try to find signs for cheap. Spend $400 a month on gas going all over the place, pay buyers premiums at auctions, use up personal time ramming the road. How much is your time worth to you?

In light of these factors, you can see the hard work someone's been at to acquire some really great stuff and offer it up CONVENIENTLY to you on your computer here on OG. If you don't like a price don't pout because someone else might list a similar item a few weeks or a month later for less. And it's not these guys responsibility to drop prices to 10 percent profit for someone else to feel the price is cheap enough for them.

Well I'm off to Tom Mack car auction to go make some more good sales and finds. Maybe I'll find something to put up on OG... or just hold it for non-complainers at my next show in 2 weeks. Like the Pontiac used car sign I got yesterday. But that's another story.....

Collecting anything keeps you young at heart!
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved