Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
Does the guy have any old pictures of the sign at the dealer? I dont want to get into it, just asking that one question...

Looking for any cans! PM me what ya got!
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Maybe he will paint you a john deeres sign next

see me at Mason Dixon Gas, Spring Carlisle M114-115, and Hershey C4E-35.
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
I asked him, and he said he took the sign right off the roadside hanger sometime in the 1960's. I looked around a lot of his property, and there was a lot of stuff, old trucks, old motorcycles, all of it looked like it hadnt been touched in 30+ years. He had some texaco stuff as well, but he asked me to come back next week, so Ill have to see if he has any more info on the sign.

HI FIVE!
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck !!!!
Real shame that people cannot be open and honest.

I believe that the chicken farmer is the one that lied about the sign in the first place and this guy should have known or done his homework before selling it as authentic. Even at that...someone is going to be very upset when they wake up in the morning and see what they bought.

Last edited by Carl; Wed Oct 16 2013 07:40 PM.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
How do you know it's real? Even taking everything as you say it happened the ONLY thing you know is that you bought it this morning, end of story. Everything else you say is pure second hand......stuff. So you're ignoring all the obvious reasons that this sign is fake because what? You bought it and repeated a story, that's the best case scenario, the worst being that it's all BS. Everyone here are friends btw, just think nobody wants to be a victim of a forgery or faked sign.
Originally Posted By: MDQG
Well, I don't know what more I can say. I know its real, I know where it came from, and I wish we could just all be friends.

Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Im not a con artist, if the buyer decides he does not want it, or the four other people behind him that asked me to contact them if the sale does not go through, I will gladly offer a full refund. I dont want to rip anyone off or make anyone feel like they got a bad deal.

HI FIVE!
C
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
C
Haters hate.
Nitpickers nitpick.
Whiners whine.

Glad the collectors I deal with around this area aren't petty individuals.

Looking forward to future picks from that locale John!

Collecting anything keeps you young at heart!
And then it is what it is and it aint so life goes on for us true collectors.

Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Much appreciated. I know what it is and I've have at least 40 people privately write or email me letting me know it's a legit piece. It just cracks me up that people are like that. Everyone is an expert in their own eyes.

HI FIVE!
C
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
C
Well Carl, unless you're going to be buried with your most prized 6ft signs intact in tomb I don't think you'll rate as a true collector. wink

I think humility and reserve are better character traits than berating a seller and his wares.

Collecting anything keeps you young at heart!
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
You seem to be an expert as well, John. Please have someone of the 40 post why they believe it to be real and specifically address the obvious flaws that have been pointed out by very experienced members on here. Also Carolinaskies please do the same, you obviously think the sign is legit, explain why you think so while addressing the the above mentioned flaws. I'm certainly willing to listen and am interested in someone's opinion that isn't selling something or has nothing to gain. Probably not news to the parties involved here that the hobby is becoming increasingly inundated with well faked garbage. I want to hear from someone impartial who thinks this sign is real. I have had no dealings with John nor Paul, nothing against either one of you with the exception of this sign. Not a hater nor a whiner and Paul,as to the collectors you deal with not being petty, sell them a fake POS and see how petty they become or are you saying they're too stupid to know the difference?
Originally Posted By: MDQG
Much appreciated. I know what it is and I've have at least 40 people privately write or email me letting me know it's a legit piece. It just cracks me up that people are like that. Everyone is an expert in their own eyes.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Car Project auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved