Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
D
Dustin Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
D
still looking for one and it can be in this kind of condition but i wont be at 2000 dollars for one
Thanks bryce for posting

C
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
C
Dustin<
Make them an offer, you will be hard pressed to find one on here for really cheap. A lot of heavy collectors here that know prices and where to get stuff. Advertise in your local area, You would be surprised.

Craig
S
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
S
What did the mall want for the sign? Would you post photo please if you aren't interested? I would agree with Craig that this isn't the best place to look for a bargain on a highly sought after piece.....

D
Dustin Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
D
The mall wanted 3900 for theres and you got to call them to send you pics, it was a very nice sign but it also was single sided
What would you guys think the ones bryce put on are worth. I bet he would take 2000 dollars a piece for his.

S
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
S
Thanks for the price. If its really nice, i don't think that is out of line. Many people only display one side anyway (on the wall). I paid about $3k for mine about 5 years ago.

As for Bryce's signs, he indicated in the post they would "easily be less than $2k each".....it's hard to find original Chevy neon signs like that! if they were cleaner they would be twice that as you saw at Iowa Gas.

D
Dustin Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
D
just wanted to add note too, Im not looking for a bargin on this site. Im looking for a sign in bryce's condition. Which to me those two are in rough condition. But would complete my collection of chevorlet signs i have.They would be going in my collection and staying there. Like i said before i offered one on old gas for 1600 or 1800 dollars in fair condition and had no takers for about two months. I dont even think its even been a year ago. There will be someone on here that will come up with one they might want to sell Im not to worried. Ive had a few emails already.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Dustin hold out for nicer ones. Those two pictured are not worth the money it would take to ship them. Neon or not they are of minimal value and always will be.

Dave GILL,
Dave's Garage & Memorabilia, Inc.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Dustin... i spoke to you thru a few PMs, I think you will find what you want sooner than later. You know what the market is and you are willing to pay very fair prices. As I mentioned, I was just posting my signs as examples that there are ones out there within reach for less than those high dollar amounts.

I wasn't even posting mine as available for sale, but rather as examples as I was also looking like you are now... and if I wasn't a Chevy collector myself then you would probably own mine!

Last edited by baileybee; Thu Oct 17 2013 05:14 AM. Reason: typo

Wanted: Sweney Oil items - Peoria, IL
Weekly Oil Can Auctions: www.OilCanAuctions.com
Collection & Items for Sale: www.OnceAlwaysPetro.com
S
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
S
Dustin, I wasn't trying to be negative. The harder you look, the better chance of finding what you want. I am trying to make it clear that this is a very in demand sign and commands high prices therefore. Like Bryce says there are signs out there for less than the prices I've been discussing. I would go along with Dave though and encourage you to wait and get a really nice sign. I would rather have one really nice sign than two average ones. After over 20 years collecting signs, I have never regretted paying what seemed like too much at the time for a great sign. I've only regretted buying something rough that I wasn't happy with and later had to sell and replace. Good luck in your search.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: Signs&Neons
I would rather have one really nice sign than two average ones.

agree 100%!

...if I found someone that had a nice non-neon that were interested in mine, I would trade the 2 for 1 in order to work my way up to better condition. after all, thats the fun of it all, right? thanks to the internet, these signs can be had anytime you choose if finances are not a concern. its only when you limit yourself and have to hunt that it becomes more interesting!

Wanted: Sweney Oil items - Peoria, IL
Weekly Oil Can Auctions: www.OilCanAuctions.com
Collection & Items for Sale: www.OnceAlwaysPetro.com
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
Originally Posted By: baileybee
Originally Posted By: Signs&Neons
I would rather have one really nice sign than two average ones.

agree 100%!

...if I found someone that had a nice non-neon that were interested in mine, I would trade the 2 for 1 in order to work my way up to better condition. after all, thats the fun of it all, right? thanks to the internet, these signs can be had anytime you choose if finances are not a concern. its only when you limit yourself and have to hunt that it becomes more interesting!

Your right Bryce, just wait to find the right sign in the best condition Dustin. The satisfaction of getting a top notch item is awesome... I am sure you know what its like. Anyways, hope you find your sign!

Looking for any cans! PM me what ya got!
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: advertologist
I can't see that sign in that condition bringing that,
just because somebody paid that doesn't mean that is the value of sign in question.. cool

As I said before If you could find me one on these signs in the condition of the one that Dustin posted at the begining of this thread for 2-grand, I would take it!!!

Dustin gave me the auction info for that sign and with 5 days to go the next pre-bid will put it @ 2 grand.
https://www.proxibid.com/asp/LotDetail.asp?ahid=4497&aid=71613&lid=17781847

Thanks
Mike

Always Looking for any Pure Oil and Sunoco Items.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Thanks
Mike

Always Looking for any Pure Oil and Sunoco Items.
J
J
hi I have an old super Chevrolet service sign id like to sell but no clue how much for its like the one that Dustin wanted but its fully round no flaps on it though and in really great condition. any advice from anyone would be great and thanks.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: Jerry1109
hi I have an old super Chevrolet service sign id like to sell but no clue how much for its like the one that Dustin wanted but its fully round no flaps on it though and in really great condition. any advice from anyone would be great and thanks.

would you post a picture.. cool

RANDY
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Project Car auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved