Next Thread
Print Thread
#48414 Fri Apr 12 2002 07:56 PM
G
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
G
This is sorta an unusual "find". In an old country store they are/did tear down was the complete visible attachment to a blind pump. I thought at first it was the top to a visible,but the cylinder base was not very thick and the discharge valve was tucked too far in if it was to have skins. I then realized what I had. It is 5 gallon with markers, gravel screen, and screw on globe holder. Has the discharge valve and original dated (1919) cloth hose with banana nozzle. It has probably been stored inside the old store for 75 years and some of the red paint is still shiny. I can't wait to clean it up and see what it looks like without 3/4 century of dust on it. I just thought it was an interesting find to share with "the guys".

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#48415 Fri Apr 12 2002 09:05 PM
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
Gary, if you can wait about another month for my new gas pump identification book you will probably be able to identify the attachment you found. I identify probably 20 visible attachments from a number of companies. If you can't wait, post a picture here on this website or send me a picture and I'll tell you who made it and what pump it was made for. I should say, that some attachments were made to be put on specific pumps and some were made to fit any blind pump. For information about my book, see www.crspub.com

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
#48416 Sun Apr 14 2002 09:57 AM
G
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
G
Thanks Jack, I have had several requests asking about this attachment, so I have asked Jim to post a pic for me...and I am also curious about any info. BTW Jack, I have had your new book on order for some time now and can't wait until it is released!Thanks again and a thank you to Jim.

Edit to add image

[This message has been edited by Oldgas (edited 04-14-2002).]

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved