Print Thread
#452362 Fri Aug 02 2013 03:55 PM
N
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
N
Hi guys...
I would like to find & purchase two spinners like this for a Wayne or Martin Schwartz 80 pump...can anyone help me out? Thank you...

Wayne-MS Spinners (Large).jpg
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Did you try the Pumpdump?

http://www.thepumpdump.com/

Last edited by Esse's Garage; Fri Aug 02 2013 03:57 PM.

***Wanted*** Always looking for Oilzum, Kunz, and Husky Cans, Signs and Smalls.
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
If I remember back 20 years ago when I had a number of the 80s these spinners were color coded for the Oil Company that was buying the pump, the one above appears to be for a Shell pump. I remember a lot of green ones.

Everyone, jump in if I am wrong.

Jack Sim

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
The yellow side will be white with a good cleaning. It appears yellow because of Gas that turned to varnish. I have cleaned a number of this style spinner and they Allways look red and yellow but are red and white when cleaned.

T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
I have soaked them in ERA laundry soap for awhile and they have cleaned up really good. I have also glass bead blasted them and them clear coated them. They look good after you get them behind the site glass.
I have only had red and white ones. I have seen blue and yellow ones on a Sunoco pump before but it was restored and the person could of done that just to match the pump colors. Jack would know more on that than I.

Mike

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I have only ever seen Red & White and Blue & Yellow ones also. Sunoco and Mobil used these pumps heavily. Conoco also used them heavily but I can't remember what color their spinners where, I am guessing they were Red & White also.

N
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
N
Hey guys...
I really appreciate the replies...Jason, I actually did think of the Pump Dump but I saw Ryan had posted that they were out of stock...but you know what, Clinton emailed me (Notchad) and he's on his way home from Iowa Gas yet and he asked for my address and he's just sending them on Monday morning, so I've found what I'm looking for already, thank you Clinton! I'll make it right with you promise!

Mike...that tip with Era laundry soap is a really good one. I had posted within the last year here on oldgas about how to clean up a siteglass with old fuel residue. The guys told me that one and I did it. Soaked them for an afetrnoon in a coffee can full of Era and they cleaned up beautiful! And get this, I let the Era sit in that coffee can thinking I'd use it again some day, and within a couple weeks it had eaten away the entire bottom of the coffee can. The can was rusty on the bottom already though which is probably why. Still, that's some good stuff!

Anyway, thanks guys, and especially thanks to you Clinton, very much appreciated...

Mark

N
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
N
Hey guys...
I know Clinton's heart was in the right place with offering me the spinners he had, but he hasn't come through for me (and that's ok Clinton, I know how busy it get's this time of year) but I thought I'd throw this out there, I'm still looking for a set of these spinners for my friend to use on his pump. Anyone have a set they would sell?
Thank you...

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Project Car auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved