Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
#4671 Mon Mar 21 2005 01:19 PM
T
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
T
WELL DONT GO AWAY MAD! WE'RE ALL NICE GUYS!

you only live once, if you want a pump get a pump. (YA GOTTA HAVE ONE THEY ARE SOOOOO COOOOL TO HAVE AROUND!!!)

rob a bank, sell your car, pimp the wife, get a part time drivin a cab, whatever its going to take.
a visible in the yard is a MUST HAVE!

send a pic when you get it we love looking at pumps!

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#4672 Mon Mar 21 2005 07:09 PM
D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
I find it strange that there in no preference in brand or a certain look. Ie, A Wayne 615, ot a G&B or a Boyle-Dayton.

Sorta like asking about a vintage car from that era, no brand just a 20's car or a 30's car.. Just makes it real hard to make comparisons.

At least 2 pretty complete visibles were offerd in this thread plus The reproductions of which I think there were at least 2 choices.

Most important buy something you like the looks of, the rest is a bit less important.
The downside, most dont stop at 1 pump, but are not complaining either..JMO...

#4673 Tue Mar 22 2005 10:50 AM
P
OP Offline
P
Tom, I wont go away mad, I know there are a lot of people that are passionate about there hobbies. Thats cool.
I am going to get a pump and I will try and post some pics of it/them when I get it done.
Thanks

Dodogas,
Since I am new to this hobbie, I do not know all of the different brands of pumps. I do like the visible bowl style though. I just dont know the brands of them and there various nuances. I was hoping that I could get that kind of information here.
Personally I would not know a wayne from a boyle or a g&b or an mouse

Thanks,
PJ

#4674 Tue Mar 22 2005 10:49 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Wow

[This message has been edited by Gas Pump Rob (edited 03-23-2005).]

T
T
I built a Gilbarco 86 to put outside. Then I could not bring myself to do put it in the rain when I was finished. So I built a home made visible pump out of a brake drum, acetylene tank, a propane tank and some expanded metal to simulate a hale screen. I get compliments all of the time on the creation. I call it yard art. Almost everyone thinks it was a real pump back in the day. I know the serious collectors will laugh, but at least I do not have to worry about it being out in the weather.

012.JPG
S
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
S
Okay, here's what I made out of mostly all scrap materials. PVC drain pipe, cut down aluminum lamp shade, and other non rusting materials. I did buy a plexiglass cylinder. Other parts were some leftovers from other old pumps that I once had. Globe is reproduction. I built two of these, one of which has sat outside for over 10 years. No rust! Get creative & start looking around for stuff that will work.

fake visible.jpg fake visi.jpg
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Man, this thread is 10 years old and Dicks comments are still funny!

Have gas all the time
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved