Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member

HOPE EVERYONE BESIDES ME HAD A GREAT BUYING WEEK! smile

Thanks!

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
not a bad week.. cool

IMG_0762[1].JPG IMG_0763[1].JPG IMG_0764[1].JPG IMG_0765[1].JPG

RANDY
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Great stuff you got there.

buy/sell and collect gas station items,
315 794 8265
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
My recent hood tire buy:

Showcase Feature Host
Showcase Feature Host
Very nice PP Randy! That one is on my want list.

Yesterday I had a great visit with Matt Alvarez, and talked him out of this Gilmore pricer in the second photo.

The rest are my botw, Keep them coming everyone.

IMG_1512.jpg IMG_1513.jpg

Wanted anything Flying A Gas, Signal Gas, Hancock oil co, and Sunland.

Thanks Anthony
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Added a few quarts to my collection this week.

Thanks!

Aaron Hop

IMG_1855.jpg

Wanted: Ripple Body Globes, picture globe, any Dixie Distributors keyhole gas pump globe and ANYTHING from Old Dutch Refining, Muskegon, MI Musgo sign
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Need a lid for the Hastings Piston Ring Compressor tin.
2 German porcelain gasoline cans.

og1.JPG og2.JPG og3.JPG og4.JPG

Collecting the Mississippi companies:
Billups, Southland, Rose Oil,Crystal Oil, Barq's
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Picked

Uploaded with ImageShack.us up this globe

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Had a decent week this week I was really happy when I got the farm bureau sign. It was small company that sold gas oil and insurance

Last edited by s932; Sun Aug 25 2013 06:37 PM.

Originals only for me. Always looking for Simpson oil, Super A, and MFA oil cans and globes.
Shawn Morris
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Had a good week here in Ohio:

Was going to sell the Husky can but my wife wont let me!!! I told her " I dont collect Husky stuff" but she doesnt listen.
She now claims it as "hers" cause she thinks the dog is "Cute" Again those are her words not mine!

Quart and Liter can relidding and dent removal services.PM for detail and pricing.
Collecting Mobil and other graphic quart cans.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Nice buys everyone!
I had a great week, Picked up my second Wayne 60 this year, I've been after this narrow body for nearly 3 years got the call Thursday night that the owner was ready to let it go by Friday it was home!
Spent Saturday morning cleaning out a few decades of "Mother Natures" gifts from the farm, also bought a few Soda signs locally and a UTOCO can from Feebay.

After a little cleaning, hope to have the lights rewired and working this weekend then I have to decide if and what to restore it as.

UTOCO can,

Soda Signs,

Keep em' coming...

Always looking for Frontier and Beeline items.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Not much, but I have been focused on restoring my Bowser 310 and Tok 34 display.

visi gage 011 (2).jpg visi gage 018 (2).jpg pricer 015 (2).jpg

Looking for anything JENNEY OIL OR GAS
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I've gotten several things lately but this was the most fun and appreciated!
I keep a "Wanted to Buy" ad in the local trade paper, all year around. Sometimes I get a lot of calls and other times I wonder if anyone is even reading the ad because the phone never seems to ring! Well, last sunday the phone did ring and a gentleman on the other end explained that he had a HUSKY can and wanted to sell it. Of course, all kinds of thoughts immediately jump up, so I went thru the usual questions about describing the can and how the quality of the "picture" on the can defines value to a large extent.
He seemed to understand completely and asked my opinion on value. Being reluctant to value something I hadn't seen yet, I asked his thoughts on condition on a scale of 1 to 10, and he answered with an 8! Now 8 is pretty good condition but I was still skeptical and gave him a figure where I felt I would be safe. He immediately came back with a figure of his own from research he had done on the net and wondered why I was lower? I politely explained about it being hard to value something that I hadn't seen yet and that I would feel pretty bad if I had to give him a lower figure once I got to see the can. I explained that it was a lot easier to come up in price than go down and that I was using a lower figure for my own safety and would be willing to pay more if the can exceeded my expectations. He said he understood and asked if I was interested and wanted to come and look at the can? We made an appointment for the next day and I was able to get there in the afternoon, as it was nearby an appointment that I had in the next own over.
When I arrived he explained that he had gotten the can for free from a local Husky station that had been in the process of closing its doors, many many years ago. He had the can on a shelf in his house all this time and had enjoyed looking at it a lot, but felt that because of his age, he was going to sell a few things. He took me in to see the can and I was very pleased when this was what he had to show me! I explained that the can was MUCH better than what I thought it would be and would be willing to pay quite a bit more for it. I made the man a decent offer and he smiled and stuck out his hand to shake on it!
I praised him for taking such good care of it all this time and he told me that the station owner had told him to take the whole case at the time, but that he only wanted one because he thought the picture of the dog was so neat! We had a good laugh about it being too bad that he hadn't taken the whole case!
It was a very memorable experience and I'll probably keep this one for a good long time!

Wayne 866 & Husky can 003.JPG Wayne 866 & Husky can 004.JPG

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
B
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
B
Very nice Texaco items Randy. ; )

Doug

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Kevin, Your LUCKY you didn't have to clean it like you did the Blue 5qt!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved