Oldgas.com Home

Home | Help | Events | Books | Pictures | Auctions | Links | Collectors | Parts | Contact

Topic Options
#453658 - Wed Aug 07 2013 02:39 PM Resize Image option on New Topic and Reply form
Oldgas Offline

Loc: South of St. Louis, MO USA
I've added a new option for resizing images to work well on uploads, since cranno.com has not been working.

On the New Topic and New Reply form is a Resize link just below File Manager. Click on that link to go to the new Resize Image Tool.

Register with your Shop Talk user name and password
You are not automatically registered. Click "Register" on upper right
Click "Login" on upper right
Upload photo to be resized by clicking "Add Items" in your album
After upload, click the filename or thumbnail to view full resized image. Right click the full resized image and choose "Save."

Let me know if you have problems, questions or comments.

This is not the ultimate solution, but I just got tired of waiting for the software developer to deliver the promised upgrade with built-in image resize.

Attachments
resizelink-form.jpg

Description: Link to Resize Tool and File Manager

Edited by Oldgas (Tue Jun 10 2014 01:28 PM)
Edit Reason: Add picture of links on post submission form

Support Oldgas.com with bids from here
#489547 - Sun Nov 03 2013 08:30 AM Re: Resize Image option on New Topic and Reply form [Re: Oldgas]
Oldgas Offline

The Resize Tool has been changed to make it less confusing to users. The tiny thumbnail images were just markers for navigation. users needed to click on them to view and save the full size images that were resized for posting on the forum.

Several members have thought that the thumbnail is all they got. So I revised the Resize Tool so that the thumbnails are now the same size as the resized images, so there should be less confusion over that issue.

#505769 - Wed Jan 15 2014 10:26 PM Re: Resize Image option on New Topic and Reply form [Re: Oldgas]
reinat Offline

Loc: new mexico
CAN YOU HELP RESIZE,, CAN YOU POST VIDEOS ON HERE

#505784 - Thu Jan 16 2014 01:20 AM Re: Resize Image option on New Topic and Reply form [Re: reinat]
Dick Bennett Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Santa Paula, Calif
Yes, Switch to Full Reply Screen, click on 5th icon from left.

#556385 - Sun Jul 27 2014 12:23 PM Re: Resize Image option on New Topic and Reply form [Re: Dick Bennett]
Speedracer Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Michigan, USA (near Chesterfie...
Please help. This is kind of difficult to figure out for the first time. I registered and placed 4 items in my album. I also resaved them to a file in my hard drive. When I start a new topic, how do I get the pictures into the post?

Currently looking for a WHITE STAR Staroleum or Staroline sign and a FILMOIL sign. Send a PM. Thanks.

#556430 - Sun Jul 27 2014 05:07 PM Re: Resize Image option on New Topic and Reply form [Re: Speedracer]
Oldgas Offline

Originally Posted By: Speedracer
I also resaved them to a file in my hard drive. When I start a new topic, how do I get the pictures into the post?

You upload them from your hard drive by using "File Manager" on the New Topic or Full Reply screen. Read over the instructions and practice on the Testing Area forum.

Here are links for help with different ways of posting pictures in your message.
Pictures of the File Manager direct image upload step-by-step process:
http://www.oldgas.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=129148#Post189696

Resizing photo images for easy upload using File Manager:
http://www.oldgas.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=199328

Our Testing Area forum where you can try out image uploads and posting:
http://www.oldgas.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=postlist&Board=11

#563378 - Tue Aug 26 2014 12:09 AM Re: Resize Image option on New Topic and Reply form [Re: Oldgas]
Speedracer Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Jim,

Sorry to bother you, but I was wondering why my pics post here and not in the test area. The only difference I can possibly find is that in the test area (the small writing on the left) HTML is disabled and UBBCode is disabled. When I reply in this forum HTML is disabled and UBBCode is enabled. I do not know what those mean, nor am I a computer expert, but this is the only thing different. I am doing everything the same. Can you please help me understand why my pics aren't posting in the test area?

If this is the difference, how do I change this?

Thanks for any help,
Steve

Attachments
photo 6.JPG

Description: tube

Edited by Speedracer (Tue Aug 26 2014 12:33 AM)

Currently looking for a WHITE STAR Staroleum or Staroline sign and a FILMOIL sign. Send a PM. Thanks.

#563430 - Tue Aug 26 2014 08:52 AM Re: Resize Image option on New Topic and Reply form [Re: Speedracer]
Oldgas Offline

Originally Posted By: Speedracer
Sorry to bother you, but I was wondering why my pics post here and not in the test area. The only difference I can possibly find is that in the test area (the small writing on the left) HTML is disabled and UBBCode is disabled. When I reply in this forum HTML is disabled and UBBCode is enabled.

That was a mistake on my part. When some code changes were made months ago, I did not catch that setting for new members in the Testing Area. I have restored the UBB Code setting to normal in the Testing Area. Please give it another try. Sorry about the hassle.

#563452 - Tue Aug 26 2014 09:58 AM Re: Resize Image option on New Topic and Reply form [Re: Oldgas]
Speedracer Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Jim,

It works fine now. I also sent you a PM.

Thanks again. Great web-site,
Steve

#564125 - Fri Aug 29 2014 12:30 AM Re: Resize Image option on New Topic and Reply form [Re: Speedracer]
Speedracer Offline
Petro Enthusiast

I only wish DB could see me now. I can post pictures left and right. He tried to help me for a couple days last month and we couldn't figure it out. Thank you DB for your help last month.

-Steve

#610701 - Tue Apr 28 2015 06:20 PM Re: Resize Image option on New Topic and Reply form [Re: Oldgas]
Diego619 Offline

Loc: Oregon
I will try it now

Moderator:  Oldgas 

Click on magnifying glass icon on lower left to search eBay

Copyright © 2017 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved