Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#4337 Tue Aug 31 2004 05:44 AM
C
OP Offline
C
Are the hinges attached to the door with bolts? Any recommendations on re-attaching them. I repaired the dings with body puddy before having them repainted. The doors were sagging before I removed them. Should I place a washer on the outside of the door to help strengthen? Thanks for any help. I also had a relative cut me tempered glass for the doors. This glass is twice as thick as regular glass. Do you think they will work or be too heavy and thick for the door relectors to hold?
Craig

Craig (Maryland)
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#4338 Tue Aug 31 2004 09:04 AM
J
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
J
Craig, I tried responding to your e-mail but I am having difficulty with my e-mail account and it would not send for some reason.
The screws that go through the door thread into a spoon shaped bracket. I use stainless steel screws and a very small flat washer. The bracket has elongated holes on the top (for adjustment) and screws directly to the hinge.
Odds are the pair of holes at each hinge location got filled in with puddy.
If you need any measurments or pics, let me know.
Jeff

#4339 Tue Aug 31 2004 09:36 AM
C
OP Offline
C
Lucky for me the holes are still visible on the inside of the door. I just am not sure if there is a need to re-enforce the hinge area on the door or not. My metal was in good condition just some surface rust. My hinges were somewhat bend down which caused the door to drag. I've been able to straighten them up some. Thanks Jeff. I have the stainless steel bolts just wanted to make sure I have everything in order before opening up the holes. Thanks

Craig

Craig (Maryland)
#4340 Tue Aug 31 2004 11:59 AM
T
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
T
drill carefully!

it also looks good to run bolts through from the inside & have a polished brass or stainless acorn nut exposed outside on the doors.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved