Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Travis go to proxibid and you can view them there

Originals only for me. Always looking for Simpson oil, Super A, and MFA oil cans and globes.
Shawn Morris
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I'm watching it on the history channel right now. Unbelieveable what some of those "terribly average" cars are bringing??
I bet there will be a little "buyers remorse" after this is all over.

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Originals only for me. Always looking for Simpson oil, Super A, and MFA oil cans and globes.
Shawn Morris
S
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
S
People are sure paying a lot of money just to say they bought it at the Lambrecht Auction, because I sure don't see any other explanation for those prices

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Thanks Shawn I am going to ck that right now , just checked hist channel I must have missed it.

I like SINCLAIR and old American made stuff ... No china items.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
My jaw dropped when I seen the selling prices . The 60s chevy trucks really blew me away .I have this orange low mileage 65 still that I bought 3 yrs ago that was in a barn since 85 and is solid and straight , I only paid 500.00 for it ! someone send them my way! and we will split the profits lol! Crazy ,although I am glad to see them all being rescued ! And their are some great vehicles there.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

I like SINCLAIR and old American made stuff ... No china items.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
We were within 25 miles of auction yesterday visiting the grandkids. I thought about going but didn't. After watching some on proxy bid and the History Channel, it's just as well we didn't fight the crowd of thousands of spectators and buyers with deep pockets. Local rumor here is that Jay Leno asked a local motel if he could rent most of it, was denied, got ***** and went back home without staying for the auction. Had he been there, I think the History Channel would have had him on. Maybe it was true, don't know.
Rod

Looking to buy or trade old gas station memorabilia such as pumps, globes, cans, signs, free give-aways, S&P shakers etc. from the 20s-60s.
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
Every hotel,motel and tee pee is spoken for within a 20 mile radius of there.My friend is there sleeping in his car.

Collecting Vintage Sunoco
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: rvanpelt
We were within 25 miles of auction yesterday visiting the grandkids. I thought about going but didn't. After watching some on proxy bid and the History Channel, it's just as well we didn't fight the crowd of thousands of spectators and buyers with deep pockets. Local rumor here is that Jay Leno asked a local motel if he could rent most of it, was denied, got ***** and went back home without staying for the auction. Had he been there, I think the History Channel would have had him on. Maybe it was true, don't know.
Rod

I am sure that was just a Rumor about Leno as I can not see why he would have any interest in these. If they were Bugattis, Duesenbergs or steam cars I would think the rumor might be believable.

Last edited by Esse's Garage; Sun Sep 29 2013 07:22 AM.

***Wanted*** Always looking for Oilzum, Kunz, and Husky Cans, Signs and Smalls.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Originally Posted By: Esse's Garage
Originally Posted By: rvanpelt
Rod

I am sure that was just a Rumor about Leno as I can not see why he would have any interest in these. If they were Bugattis, Duesenbergs or steam cars I would think the rumor might be believable.

You're probably right!
Rod

Looking to buy or trade old gas station memorabilia such as pumps, globes, cans, signs, free give-aways, S&P shakers etc. from the 20s-60s.
L
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
L
They somewhat explained low mileage never titled on the show last night. Most were left over as the new year came out. This explains the 4 door 57 pea green chevy and others.
Wonder what the final sell price would have been if they were the more sought after,like the two door super sports etc.
Thankfull these were sold as they didn't look like they had much more field storage left.

*Wanted Pierce Pennant Petroleum*
H
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
H
I am watching day 2 live on the internet right now.

Looks like Jay Leno might have had interest in the 1978 Chevrolet Corvette Indy pace car. Nice article about the auction here.

http://www.autoweek.com/article/20130928/CARNEWS01/130929816

H
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
H
Originally Posted By: 47reotravis
Thanks Shawn I am going to ck that right now , just checked hist channel I must have missed it.

The History Channel blew it. The commentator knew nothing about these cars.
They should have hired commentator Steve Magnante from the Barrett-Jackson auctions.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Jay LENO has buying agents buying for him. He wouldn't be personally attending an event like that.

Dave GILL,
Dave's Garage & Memorabilia, Inc.
C
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
C
Untitled nearly-zero mileage trumps body condition. Once a car gets more than low triple digits it is seen as a driver. And the story on the collection and owning a piece of the collection insures any of these vehicles will have immediate interest. Even though the majority of these were common models, they prove out an urban legend along with the barn find Duesenbergs and such.

Jay Leno isn't a car snob, he probably was even informed about this collection years ago, and who knows if he was a winning bidder, but he would be one to drive rather than let the car sit.

The main commentator was a bit of a flake when it came to cars, they should have just left it up to Rutledge to host. I found it interesting that Tanner Faust actually was out there though and in the field to boot!

I talked to one local collector who would have gone if it wasn't so far from SC. When you figure the hauling cost there was no doubt this wouldn't be an auction for the guys looking for bargains.

What shocked me most was the prices realized for several of the mid-sixties Impalas.... just wish one had been a '68.

Collecting anything keeps you young at heart!
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Tireflator Air Meter auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved