Click here for Project Car auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Yes - To restore these would be a travesty. There are thousands restored cars out there and very few survivors in original, decent condition.

I'd bid on the cameo as well just to preserve it - I could afford it - but I don't have time or inclination to show it. It would also be a shame to have it hidden in a private collection.

Cold Pizza - I hope your friend wins it.

P
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
P
Just for kicks- what do you guys think that cameo will sell for?
I put my guess at 90 grand.

Still looking for that Union 76 ball
And I collect big old porcelain neon signs
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
My guess would be about the same (90K). It is so unique though, that it is hard to estimate. It belongs in a musueum in my opinion. Either restoring it or driving it would destroy what it is.

Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
Totally agree...but I think the final amount bid may surprise many.It's a museum piece and needs to be shown/displayed as one.

S
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
S
I would venture to guess that several of those vehicles with single digit mileage will go for 6 digit prices....what a step back in time!

L
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
L
Do you reckon they know that the caps in the trunks complete the auto. Had them all throwed up on one hood in the video. And without a blanket under them. Don't know if this is a class act auction company,but regardless they have the duty. Hope it goes well.

*Wanted Pierce Pennant Petroleum*
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
The Cameo will need body work done to the roof line above the windshield. It is dented, must have happened while being transported by the car hauler.

You never know...but I think $90,000.00 is pretty strong money in this economy. Right now, you can buy a lot of "vehicle" for $100,000.00.

Last edited by Dave's Garage; Thu Jun 27 2013 01:32 PM.

Dave GILL,
Dave's Garage & Memorabilia, Inc.
H
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
H
I will be very surprised if that truck sells for anything above $55,000

M
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
M
In an auction environment on one of a kind items there is really no way to predict the outcome.All it takes is two that have to own it.Two with deep pockets.LOL.(Remember the Barris Batmobile)Its an amazing group of vehicles.Really hard to believe they are still out there like that.It Will be very interesting to see what they bring.I love the story.

H
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
H
Originally Posted By: MARK SMITH
In an auction environment on one of a kind items there is really no way to predict the outcome.All it takes is two that have to own it.Two with deep pockets.LOL.(Remember the Barris Batmobile)Its an amazing group of vehicles.Really hard to believe they are still out there like that.It Will be very interesting to see what they bring.I love the story.

That Barris Batmobile sold for the exact amount I posted on the internet a week before the auction. I know what your saying as I attend auctions 2+ times a month. This past weekend a car I thought would fetch near $200,000 sold for $100,000

C
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
C
Likely the low mileage vehicles will run near or just above 6 digits. The anniversary Corvette will probably not run in that range as there are many low mileage ones around.

Collecting anything keeps you young at heart!
H
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
H
Here is a link to what will be up for auction.

http://www.vanderbrinkauctions.com/auctions_pictures.php?detail=135

C
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
C
That mini-vette should bring decent money too.

Collecting anything keeps you young at heart!
H
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
H
The auction has opened online bidding already. Most of the cars I saw on there had bids in the $1,000 range. But then there's the really low mileage 58 Chevy truck with a bid of $41,000.

https://www.proxibid.com/asp/Auction....asp?ahid=1530

Last edited by hri_2008; Tue Sep 24 2013 10:47 PM.
L
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
L
Truck has a mile and a half on it. Roof damage was due to roof on building falling in during winter snow fall.

Think Bob Richards mentioned this in another thread. Sat night they are going to have TV show on the history channel called History Made Now: Wheels of fortune covering the auction. The recorder is set. Good luck to bidders.

*Wanted Pierce Pennant Petroleum*
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Tireflator Air Meter auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved