Oldgas.com Home

Home | Help | Events | Classifieds | Bookstore | Pictures | Auctions | Links | Collectors | Parts | Contact

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#425407 - Tue Jun 25 2013 05:29 PM N.O.S. Chevys stored for decades FOR SALE! *****
THE AMERICAN GARAGE Offline
Showcase Feature Host

Loc: PECONIC BAY, L.I., NY, USA
http://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motoramic/scores-chevys-hidden-50-years-finally-sale-160911547.html

I wonder how the VEGA's held up? Those things had rust on them on the showroom floors when new! LOL!

#425436 - Tue Jun 25 2013 06:33 PM Re: N.O.S. Chevys stored for decades FOR SALE! [Re: THE AMERICAN GARAGE]
oldnfuelish Offline
FATW Feature Host

Loc: Antioch,IL
Wow! That is too cool!

#425441 - Tue Jun 25 2013 06:46 PM Re: N.O.S. Chevys stored for decades FOR SALE! [Re: oldnfuelish]
Huskerscott Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Nebraska
The auctioneer must be a friend of the family, he doesn't have too many auctions during the year.

#425482 - Tue Jun 25 2013 09:19 PM Re: N.O.S. Chevys stored for decades FOR SALE! [Re: THE AMERICAN GARAGE]
Catauladave Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Cataula, Georgia, USA
The weird thing is that all those "new" cars will have to be restored due to just sitting up all those years. You would be surprised how bad they can get just sitting there. Dave

#425485 - Tue Jun 25 2013 09:46 PM Re: N.O.S. Chevys stored for decades FOR SALE! [Re: Catauladave]
HI-OCTANE Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Albuquerque, N. M.
Yea, but restorations will be an easy fix, no body work . Change out oils & filters and other fluids and seals and tires, and fuel pumps, wash & and wax. Looks like they would be a mechanics dream. Barn fresh finds, every collectors dream with low mileage.

Wonder if they had any Super Chevrolet signs put away or neon dealership or parts signs stashed. Like they said it was a time capsule.

#425493 - Tue Jun 25 2013 10:08 PM Re: N.O.S. Chevys stored for decades FOR SALE! [Re: HI-OCTANE]
MARK SMITH Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: NORTHWEST,AR,USA
Wow!Amazing.

#425495 - Tue Jun 25 2013 10:09 PM Re: N.O.S. Chevys stored for decades FOR SALE! [Re: HI-OCTANE]
coheley5 Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Georgia
That is a great story, most people can't hold out that long you know there had to be people asking about those cars over the years.

#425538 - Wed Jun 26 2013 02:18 AM Re: N.O.S. Chevys stored for decades FOR SALE! [Re: coheley5]
Dave's Garage Online   content
Veteran Member

Loc: Abbotsford, British Columbia, ...
That's amazing, almost unbelievable.

#425550 - Wed Jun 26 2013 07:29 AM Re: N.O.S. Chevys stored for decades FOR SALE! [Re: Dave's Garage]
slyle133 Offline

Loc: North East
Thats a once in a lifetime type of find....now if only I could get the sound of that womens voice out of my head...

#425554 - Wed Jun 26 2013 07:47 AM Re: N.O.S. Chevys stored for decades FOR SALE! [Re: HI-OCTANE]
Catauladave Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Cataula, Georgia, USA
Down south they still rust from condensation and high humidity but being inside helps a lot.Those should for the most part be good, as you say, except for the seals, rubber, fluids, etc.Dave

Edited by Catauladave (Wed Jun 26 2013 01:02 PM)

#425564 - Wed Jun 26 2013 09:03 AM Re: N.O.S. Chevys stored for decades FOR SALE! [Re: Catauladave]
Rabbitman Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Missouri,USA
It always amazes me that there are still collections of this type still out there. With the social media and all of the TV hype the last few years you would think some of these collectors with deep pockets would have got wind of these and made offers to buy them that these folks couldn't refuse. But, they seem to surface once in a while which gives us all hope that we will stumble on to one some day. As for restoring those cars, the trend has really changed in the last few years and I would almost bet that the majority of those undriven cars will never be restored, just cleaned up and put in a collection......GB

#425713 - Wed Jun 26 2013 10:45 PM Re: N.O.S. Chevys stored for decades FOR SALE! [Re: Rabbitman]
hotrodfun1 Online   content
Veteran Member

Loc: Montana
Any idea what they sold for? Very cool

#425719 - Wed Jun 26 2013 11:12 PM Re: N.O.S. Chevys stored for decades FOR SALE! [Re: hotrodfun1]
hri_2008 Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: BC Canada
Funny to see this posting as I was just about to post it.
Here is a great video clip to enjoy and some background on the dealership..

youtube

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2013/06/the-story-behind-the-lambrecht-chevrolet-collection/

Edited by hri_2008 (Wed Jun 26 2013 11:26 PM)

#425733 - Thu Jun 27 2013 03:58 AM Re: N.O.S. Chevys stored for decades FOR SALE! [Re: hri_2008]
carolinaskies Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Upstate SC, USA
Restore? Are you nuts!

A car with 1-10 miles on it would be bought by someone who wouldn't restore it, they would surface clean it and that's all. The car becomes a time capsule of originality as you can buy plenty of these cars redone/restored but to see one as it came from the dealer tells the real story of what you got back in the day. Panel fit, paint flaws, etc.

I knew a local fellow that bought new corvettes, carried them home on his flatbed and put them up for storage. Sadly he passed away at the age of 65 and wasn't able to build the garage complex he wanted to house them in.

Collecting anything keeps you young at heart!

#425739 - Thu Jun 27 2013 06:32 AM Re: N.O.S. Chevys stored for decades FOR SALE! [Re: THE AMERICAN GARAGE]
Cold Pizza Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: MickDschida,IL.
I know a guy who will be a bidder on the 1 mile Cameo Pickup truck in Sept.
If he wins it,he plans on cleaning it and leaving it alone.Then taking it to shows to show others how they originally were built.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun, Watchdog3 

| Check our Book Store for related resources |

Copyright 2014 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved