Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
R
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
R
While I do thank you for defending me; the sign is no longer for sale. I do not want to put up with all of this back and forth and finger pointing. The bottom line is I do know that many of you are very nice people and I respect your opinions but I am not an argumentative person. I enjoy doing this hobby as much as any of you. I just wish to not be debating on here any more. I just want to leave it at that. The sign is taken down and not for sale.
Originally Posted By: Texacopumpdog
I started this conversation .I did not climb in as you say .And I did the research to prove my point .No one was willing to state that this sign is fake ,until I laid out what I think is wrong with it .He pulled the sign .if it was real wouldn't it be worth fighting for? Some folks say signs are fake without any reason .I have never said it was fake .Tomcollectiblez ,I get in conversations because I am looking for the truth .Tankar ,thank you .You are the first one to call the sign fake .Some people just think they can say whatever they want without the facts to back it up .If someone says a sign is fake I want to know why .If they say it's real i want to know why .And ."I been collecting 35 years" doe's not explain how one knows something .

T
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
T
Originally Posted By: cggas
could someone please post the steps on how you can ignore someones post on here so they never show that members posts or comments?? i think im going to need it. thanks chris

Chris, You nailed it brother! Let me know if you figured it out! smile

T
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
T
I got it....Just go to their profile, then click BLOCK(ignore) this user!
DONE!

Last edited by tomzcollectiblez; Tue Jun 18 2013 08:39 AM. Reason: ignorance BY MEMBER
T
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
T
Could we see a photo of the one from New hampshire please.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I have already posted a picture of it (there is a picture of it on the link that I provided you before on another thread).

I don't know how long you have been collecting signs (and I ask that because I hope that your experience as a collector backs up your claims that the sign is a reproduction), but I think it's a shame when you beat up a guy so much that he pulls his listing. I have been collecting Texaco signs since 1992, and I love the hobby. I'm willing to share my knowledge with anyone, but when you make ridiculous counter arguments I stop helping (the whole thing about the sign's holes being rotated to deceive a buyer is an example).

Just my opinion.

Last edited by J.E.Radebaugh; Sat Jun 22 2013 09:48 AM.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I stand corrected, the link to the thread is on this thread.

T
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
T
You must have not understood what I said about the holes .I know that 15" texaco signs came with the regular 12,3,6,9,pattern for the pumps.I know they came with the 2,4,8,10 pattern for the lubester . The thing is almost everyone thinks they only came with the 2,4,8,10 o'clock pattern . I was simply saying that the repopper who made the first sign read what someone said about the holes being in the wrong position on the first version .Then on the second version they made what they thought was an improvement by cutting the holes in the 2,4,8,10 positions.I did not mean that Redhot moved the holes on the sign that he already had .As a matter of fact I never said Redhot did anything wrong at all .He may have been unaware that the sign was a reproduction . I have nothing against Redhot at all .As a matter of fact he seems like a real nice person .It was the sign that I was attacking .I only gave him my opinion because he asked for it .

B
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
B
You must have not understood what I said about the holes .I know that 15" texaco signs came with the regular 12,3,6,9,pattern for the pumps.I know they came with the 2,4,8,10 pattern for the lubester . The thing is almost everyone thinks they only came with the 2,4,8,10 o'clock pattern . I was simply saying that the repopper who made the first sign read what someone said about the holes being in the wrong position on the first version .Then on the second version they made what they thought was an improvement by cutting the holes in the 2,4,8,10 positions.I did not mean that Redhot moved the holes on the sign that he already had .As a matter of fact I never said Redhot did anything wrong at all .He may have been unaware that the sign was a reproduction . I have nothing against Redhot at all .As a matter of fact he seems like a real nice person .It was the sign that I was attacking .I only gave him my opinion because he asked for it .

You need to go to the back of the class room and face the wall. Damn !!!!

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
So was his sign original ? I got mixed in all the confusion. Thanks

I like SINCLAIR and old American made stuff ... No china items.
B
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
B
Originally Posted By: wocopep
My rule is texaco 15inchers should not be dated and should have REG. U.S. PAT. OFF. Not REG. T.M. Dates come on smaller ones. Look in some of the books about porcelain signs. I'll say it again, I'm not an expert but I have done the research and have found this to be true for many years. 15 inch texacos have been reproduced recently, I would bet that the dated ones are done that way to make the unaware buyer think they are old.

All false!

B
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
B
Well Redhot, I am not a professional appraiser .But since you asked I will give you my opinion .I think your sign is a 100% reproduction .I think that someone copied the other 15" sign ,rotated the holes ,and made the back less glossy .I think your sign is missing the red triangle because it is a copy of the fake .I think it has the REG. T.M. because it is a copy of the fake .I think it has the date 3-30 because it is a copy of a fake .I think that someone saw what was being said about what was wrong with the other sign on here .I think that someone tried to improve on the other fake sign .
You couldn't get more lost Texaco Dog

B
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
B
Jamie ,I know that you know a lot about signs ,but you will never see an original like this one .It is just this simple -he has the only one .It does not have the triangle in the A .It has a black outline under the T .No one has ever put an authentic one like this in a book .There are zero real ones on google .Google has the most comprehensive photo collection on earth .If there were real ones someone, somewhere ,would have taken a photo .I did not say the sign is fake .I said I think that the sign is fake .I laid out the reasons I think the sign is fake .I responded to a person who sells questionable signs as a matter of course .Also I know about the different holes for the pumps .I would have mentioned that I saw both hole patterns in a book .But ,if I had ,someone would have said I was wrong .
I think you better go out a buy the only book that shows all the original Texaco signage. "A Tour With Texaco" by Rick Pease 1997.

Last edited by blacktee; Sun Jun 23 2013 04:53 AM.
B
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
B
I started this conversation .I did not climb in as you say .And I did the research to prove my point .No one was willing to state that this sign is fake ,until I laid out what I think is wrong with it .He pulled the sign .if it was real wouldn't it be worth fighting for? Some folks say signs are fake without any reason .I have never said it was fake .Tomcollectiblez ,I get in conversations because I am looking for the truth .Tankar ,thank you .You are the first one to call the sign fake .Some people just think they can say whatever they want without the facts to back it up .If someone says a sign is fake I want to know why .If they say it's real i want to know why .And ."I been collecting 35 years" doe's not explain how one knows something .

Wow you are something Texaco Dog, sorry for putting relics in there

Last edited by blacktee; Sun Jun 23 2013 05:46 AM. Reason: to edit red hot's name sorry
B
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
B
Could we see a photo of the one from New hampshire please.
Like Jamie stated it's already there.

D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
hahaha

Thx blacktee for attempting to stop the flow of mis-information... And giving me a good chuckle

There's no stopping the Cretins from hopping
You've got to keep it beating for the hopping Cretins
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings *

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved