Print Thread
#42443 Sat Nov 10 2007 04:57 PM
H
hotcidr Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
H
It looks like people have finally caught on to this total crook, wholesalecandyshop. No one is bidding on his signs on ebay. I've contacted him about his deceptive ads stating that his signs are old and have written to ebay 3 times and all they seem to want to do is collect money and let people like this lie and cheat. Let's hope we continue to put this guy out of business

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#42444 Mon Nov 12 2007 10:18 AM
T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
If you really want to put him out of business, send emails to all of the people who have bought from him in the past (by going to his feedback page) and tell them they bought fakes. Most paid with paypal and can get their money back. eBay won't do anything because they are making money, but Paypal WILL do something because they will be hit in the pocketbook. That will get results.

Tom
#42445 Mon Nov 12 2007 03:35 PM
W
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
W
ebay is paypal same dog

ward

#42446 Mon Nov 12 2007 03:54 PM
Y
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Y
Wonder what questions said buyers ask... if any, before bidding!

Its been said: A fool and his money are easily parted! Our opinion is, anyone dealing with... ebay Argentina's etc is just about that!

All his listings appear to be... buy it now, so you wont necessarily see any bids on them.

Have also looked at several of his offerings and have not see any outright lies etc. Nowhere do they call them originals.

Granted, they do loosely use the word... old, but how old is old? eg: Have an... OLD blue & white FOMOCO sign FA probably sometime this year. Also have an... OLD FA?one done in maroon & beige with red back, done back whenever. Then we have an... OLD maroon & beige with maroon back FA done in the 70's. Plus theres was an... OLD double sided repro FA-NOT back in the 60's. Last but not least, theres the... OLD FA original from the early 50's. Now which of them are consider OLD, much less OLD originals.

Out of curiosity what do they or ebay say in their replies?

note: fa = ford authorized

[This message has been edited by ynot (edited 11-12-2007).]

#42447 Mon Nov 12 2007 05:57 PM
H
hotcidr Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
H
ebay ignores my emails because, as you say, they are only out to make money. You may call it not a lie but it is fraud as these are not old and he is leading people to believe they are. It's hurting OUR reputation when people buy this **** thinking it's real

#42448 Mon Nov 12 2007 06:08 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
If you get sucked into someone scam that doesnt necesarily make you a "fool".It just means you trusted them and they took advantage of you. There are crimes of commision and crimes of omision. Those unmarked repops are tricking all kinds of people and ruining the value of peoples porcelain collections just like those damned backlit clocks. Just my .02

#42449 Mon Nov 12 2007 07:50 PM
Y
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Y
Dont ever remember saying: there only out to make money. Possibly that was your thought, although its somewhat obvious that is their prime objective.

Cant see either, how his actions are hurting or affecting our reputations.

Do you possibly think there maybe some confusion between old and original. As old is not necessarily an original and originals are not neccessarily old!
You say looks like people have finally caught on. Let me tell you theres plenty left, as there is still one being born every day... aaaaaaaaaah, make that every second!

In the end, ebay is an auction house of sorts. Its buyer beware! Ask lots of questions... all the questions you want. If you dont get the desired answers, then dont bid.

#42450 Mon Nov 12 2007 09:42 PM
S
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
S
I looked at all his **** on auction. ALL FAKE. He is smart to say THIS IS TRUELY OLD. .....( He did not say NOT ORIGINAL!!!!) He's a smart crook. He will sell about every 3 or 5 days still though. that's the way the game is played.

Mike
#42451 Tue Nov 13 2007 03:55 PM
T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
Ward,

I know Paypal is owned by eBay, but there are administrators for eBay that don't handle Paypal business and there are Paypal administrators that don't make decisions about eBay. What I was trying to say is that the eBay higher-ups are going to listen to the Paypal group administrators alot better than they will listen to us. When Paypal loses money, eBay listens.

Tom

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved