Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#424446 Sat Jun 22 2013 08:25 AM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Ok as far as eBay goes I haven't ever had much trouble.i bought a clock for 10.00 bucks on eBay.main reason I bought it was because it was described as a glass bubble face.cost me 12 bucks to get shipped. Clock arrived,and has a plastic face.well. I notified the seller and she says" yes I know,I thought it was glass,but when I packaged it i realized it was plastic."(at that time I think she should have notified me).when I said I would like to return it,she told me she would a cept it,but only refund me the 22.00 not the return shipping. So then I'm out 12 bucks return shipping for an item I don't even have?how does this usually work?is it my responsibility or hers?im thinking hers.its really not a. Big deal,and I may just say the heck with it,but kinda feel its the principal of the thing. What do you guys think?

Looking for gas,oil related clocks,especially neon and spinners .clock repair available. Mick
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Usually sellers will state "refunds accepted within 'x' days..buyer to pay shipping". If this seller didn't have that in the original listing and you're trying to handle this outside of that having being stated, then maybe you have a legitimate gripe. Otherwise, it's the same old "buyer beware".

TOM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Description was wrong. Get e-bay involved and you should be granted full refund for everything.

Thanks
Mike

Always Looking for any Pure Oil and Sunoco Items.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: Mike M.
Description was wrong. Get e-bay involved and you should be granted full refund for everything.

I agree, why should you pay the return postage when what she described wasn't so.. cool

RANDY
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
File a PP complaint, I heard they refund all shipping charges including return shipping.

D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
Item was plainly "not as described" Mick...I think you have a good case for a full refund to and from with Paypal or Ebay.
In some of the cases I've had of the item not being as described, the seller offered up front to refund the return shipping as it was their mistake, which IMO is an upstanding seller and one who plainly accepts 100% responsibility for their listings. I wish all sellers were like this as on the flip side, I've lost a fair amount of money over the years returning items for the same reason at my expense. I guess it depends on how much I initially spent on the item, and how much money I want to be out overall if I just keep it and forget it.
I would leave "proper" feedback either way! In this case, while she did offer a refund of the initial price plus shipping, IMO she should pay for return shipping as well if she sent the item knowing full well it was not as described.
Darin

Darin Sheffer
Always looking for Mobil and Marathon items I don't already have!
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Take it from me mick,file an electronic claim through ebay right NOW.
Time is against you here,so don't hesitate.

Tell ebay on the submission form that you've already contacted the seller & it is not as represented.
Tell them also that you want a full refund from the seller,including shipping back,and that the seller has said she won't pay for that.
..that is why you've now contacted ebay.
They will emai you an ebay prepaid address ticket,that you print out on your computer and tape to the box.
When you send it back,ebay will be notified via the post office,fed ex,UPS etc. that you did so.
When it is recorded of being delivered to the sellers door step,you will get your full refund via the way you paid.

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Ok,I have sent her another message saying that expect full refund and return shipping,and am going to see what her reply is.i think she is trying to be reasonable so far,and so am I.if I don't hear from her by tonight I will file with eBay right away,just trying to give her the chance to make it right by herself.so far she has been answering my messages,which I am saving in case they are needed.thanks guys,I'll let ya know how it turns out.

Looking for gas,oil related clocks,especially neon and spinners .clock repair available. Mick
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
You should open the claim up first so that ebay has access to your correspondence between you two & can listen.
Anything you say now between each other is moot & ebay can't see it.
Open the claim right now,get the wheels moving and light the fire under her.
She's dead wrong for not telling you about the plastic lens while packaging it for you,and then to not pay for shipping back,is just ignorant.

Collecting Vintage Sunoco
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Thanks Rick,but I'm going to at least give her the chance .if it was big dollars,I would follow your advice,and start it now.but,Me being the ***** that I am sometime,I still believe that,given the chance most people will still do what's right.she hasn't given me a hard time yet,so I figure I'll try and be diplomatic to start. I would also think eBay can see all of our correspondence ,since it is going thru their site.,and I am saving them if ness.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Mick
I know it's only $10.
She can promise you all the money you're asking for right now,but until you open a formal ebay claim,it doesn't mean squat.
You saving or copying and pasting her earlier replies to you won't hold water for ebay....they won't recognize them until the claim is opened,I was told.
I understand your politeness to her,and she might be taking advantage of that,but you have rights too,and she is a total stranger.
She might be promising you the shipping amount back right now before you open the ebay claim,once she receives the package from you....then 1 month from now,you'll be telling us that you're still waiting for that shipping back amount she promised you and you never filled a claim w/ebay. frown

Collecting Vintage Sunoco
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: Cold Pizza
Mick
then 1 month from now,you'll be telling us that you're still waiting for that shipping back amount she promised you and you never filled a claim w/ebay. frown

valid point.. cool

RANDY
B
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
B
Yes, by all means file the claim right away. It will require a response on her part and as long as she follows through it will not reflect badly on her. She sold you something "not as described" and you deserve a FULL refund.

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Well, here's my reply...

when you send it back and it arrives here you will get your money back not sure why you bothered to open a dispute but i can tell you this don't ever buy from me again i'm blocking you from my listings and don't leave feedback either just send the damn clock back in 3 days so i can refund you damn money.

- laurashouses.

Have sent her a message that I want return shipping included

D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
Looks Laura's true colors are showing now, lol! Dammit Mick, lol!

Darin Sheffer
Always looking for Mobil and Marathon items I don't already have!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings *

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved