Oldgas.com Home  

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#42349 Tue Jan 01 2002 04:31 PM
OP Offline
Hello all. I am new to the board and it looks great so far. I need some help. My Grandfather used to run a convience store that sold Union 76 gas during the 70's, and 80's.

At the front by the pumps, stood the 76 logo on a huge orange ball. When the light was turned on, the ball would rotate. I think it was something like seven feet in diameter. Anyway, I saw half of one on eBay a while back and was wondering if anyone knows what I am talking about or how to locate a full ball?

Thanks,
JB

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#42350 Tue Jan 01 2002 10:12 PM
I
I
The sign you are talking about is a A trade mark for 76 products, that used to be Owned by UNOCAL now owned by TOSCO/ Circle-K
and that Corp. is Owned by Philips 66 now.

any way thay are still being used. if the ball is still reparible. If a site is closed
by Tosco the sign, is Removed by a local sign Co. after years of weathering thay don't
usualy stay in one pice. but you could call sign co. and see if thay have one. the other problem is TOSCO has them distroied if not reusable.

Don Martin

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved