Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
I agree, we are all in this boat together Lets be nice and email seller and report these bogus signs. Most never respond or chew at ya abit...But all of us collectors need to stick together.. Brian

Looking for Keystone,Pure,Sinclair,Texaco,Sterling and Gulf...Thanks, Brian
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I always email the seller before doing any reporting to ebay. You would be pleasantly surprised at how many don't know, and amend their listing. Most legit sellers do listen if approached nicely. The problem ones immediately block my emails, and refuse to answer questions which is a big red flag. Fentonlover13 is a prime example. I had never made contact before. Had never seen the ID and emailed them and ask for a size. They wanted to know why? Oh I had to ask twice. Finally got the size and it was different from my original. So I contacted the seller and said to my knowledge that size was never made. I was blocked from then on out. This one is still active. They are listing all bogus stuff including small gas and oil porcelain signs.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I don't see sellers attempting to make money off someone's lack of knowledge or expertise as victims that need protection.
Originally Posted By: really
Gee Neil....because I really don't care for bullying of any kind, and in my little opinion...there is a lot of that going on here........there was a poster listed as NOS that was a reproduction listed on ebay by one of the real bullies...but you had no problem with that...double standard maybe?

R
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
R
How about the sellers who are selling genuine original signs, that get accused of their sign being bogus?...Are you saying that has never happened here?...because it has....In fact, just today I saw a post from a member here who admitted doing just that very thing. I'm not for protecting fake sellers, but I believe there are certain people on this site who "shoot and ask questions later". If you don't think that happens here, then we just have to disagree.

Last edited by really; Mon Jun 10 2013 07:11 PM.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
The sellers that do get falsely accused certainly get defended fairly quickly as there a plenty of knowledgeable people on here to straighten it out. as for the scammers, I'll be generous and say that 1 out of 20 might have made a mistake and out of the ones that admit to a mistake I'd say a very small percentage is honest about it. There are many on here like myself that have invested time and money, sometimes a lot of it, in their collections. There are very many who are trying to steal money from us and others. the vast majority of bad sellers mentioned on this site are just that, they're vermin as far as I can see, no better than the people that attempt to scam the elderly out of their life savings. I hope they get what they deserve. there has been more sellers knocked out of the arena just lately and I applaud the people that are helping do it. they may keep coming back but I'm sure by now some of them are realizing that the group from Oldgas is costing them money as I'm sure they read all this with great interest. Also sure some of them have joined, welcome to Oldgas.
Originally Posted By: really
How about the sellers who are selling genuine original signs, that get accused of their sign being bogus?...Are you saying that has never happened here?...because it has....In fact, just today I saw a post from a member here who admitted doing just that very thing. I'm not for protecting fake sellers, but I believe there are certain people on this site who "shoot and ask questions later". If you don't think that happens here, then we just have to disagree.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I commend you Keystone Gas Man for reporting these bogus items.....If you have a genuine relationship with ebay, you don't contact the seller of these repos or if ebay finds out, they will reprimand you if you do contact seller directly....this is only the case if you have a relationship with ebay.......you contact ebay and they handle it in the appropiate way......I have emailed the sellers many times, and some will report you to ebay for interfering with there auctions.....if you truly have any type of relationship with ebay, they don't want you telling the seller anything as it turns into a fight many times...and as stated the seller will block and report you......

Last edited by roadrelics; Mon Jun 10 2013 08:23 PM.
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Yes I agree with ya RR...Ebay is touchy and I try the old "catch more flies with honey" approach..But I have never been turned in by a seller (yet).But your right it might be wiser to just report the item.

Looking for Keystone,Pure,Sinclair,Texaco,Sterling and Gulf...Thanks, Brian
T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
Really has a right to his opinions even though they are much different than mine

T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
I know the guy is right about authentic items being kicked off of Ebay because of overzealous reporting .But ,as in the case where I made the mistake of calling the Sinclair 12" bogus the other members came to the defense of the seller right away.I was man enough to admit I made a mistake and apologize to the seller.I do not plan on making that mistake again .I know we are having success on ebay ,but it seems that as soon as we get a fake kicked off 2 more take it's place.I just wonder if there is any hope,but I not ready to quit just yet.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
We all make mistakes nobody is perfect. Some on this forum seem mighty quick to judge. I have only been aware of being reported one time in all the hundreds of reports I have sent. That time was for my listing of the new faked Northland seed sign that we used to expose the scam going on. The email I got from eBay said I couldn't say new in my header and used in the box where you click new or used. They also said they choose not to remove the listing if I made that correction. It ran for a second round, with a $5000.00 starting bid. Someone made a bid in the last 24 hours of the auction so they could get my information. Phone # if they were trying to intimidate me it didn't work.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: ddk
if they were trying to intimidate me..

I want a Front Row Ticket for that SHOWDOWN! laugh

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Originally Posted By: Dick Bennett
if they were trying to intimidate me..

I want a Front Row Ticket for that SHOWDOWN! laugh

You got it!

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
you can get their info too Diane, be interesting to see who it was that bid
Originally Posted By: ddkinsey
We all make mistakes nobody is perfect. Some on this forum seem mighty quick to judge. I have only been aware of being reported one time in all the hundreds of reports I have sent. That time was for my listing of the new faked Northland seed sign that we used to expose the scam going on. The email I got from eBay said I couldn't say new in my header and used in the box where you click new or used. They also said they choose not to remove the listing if I made that correction. It ran for a second round, with a $5000.00 starting bid. Someone made a bid in the last 24 hours of the auction so they could get my information. Phone # if they were trying to intimidate me it didn't work.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
It ran for a second round, with a $5000.00 starting bid. Someone made a bid in the last 24 hours of the auction so they could get my information

HOPE you filed a NON PAYING Bidder complaint against them.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Originally Posted By: Dick Bennett
It ran for a second round, with a $5000.00 starting bid. Someone made a bid in the last 24 hours of the auction so they could get my information

HOPE you filed a NON PAYING Bidder complaint against them.

You crack me up. LOL

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings *

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved