Click here for Original Gas Pump Plate auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Recently I received in the mail this Texaco double-sided hanging rest rooms key sign that I have wanted for quite awhile to hang my plastic Texaco key-tags. I added the original Texaco car keys to the tags. The package also included the small dated porcelain Locked For Your Protection sign, a couple of later Texaco key-tags and a business card from the Texaco station that these items came from. The seller had mentioned that the station had been used for some scenes in the movie 'Tucker, A Man and his Dream'. Jeff Bridges played the lead role of Preston Tucker. The surprise bonus that I received was the photocopied movie documentation: a number of film stills, a couple of local newspaper articles, the contract with Lucas films, and even a copy of the autographed thank-you from Francis Coppola and Martin Landau who was also in the movie. The station was rented for 18 days starting April 28, 1987 from the owner Trip Polakiewicz. According to the article he owned and operated the station for 32 years before closing it in 1984. Trip passed away in 2004 and his daughter sold the station and their next door home in 2005. The station still stands at 1200 Rumrill Blvd, San Pablo, Ca. and can be seen on Google instantstreetview.com. See my last photo. Unfortunately I haven't had a chance to see the movie yet, though when I do I will know that I am now the caretaker of a few great Texaco pieces from this station. Thanks so much Kathy and Gary for sharing a bit of your station's history with me and now with the Oldgas members. Cheers, Don.

Tex1a.jpg Tex2a.jpg Tex3a.jpg Tex4a.jpg
Last edited by coopersplace; Thu Jun 06 2013 12:22 PM.
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Neat history. Thanks for sharing....

Alex
Looking for Texaco and Power Gasoline items
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Very interesting items and the history is even cooler!

Dave GILL,
Dave's Garage & Memorabilia, Inc.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
That's pretty cool Don, I saw the movie soon after it was released, but don't really remember much of it. I will have to watch it again and pay more attention.Thanks for the history lesson.
Ken.

Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Thanks, yes definitely neat history. I was informed by Kathy that the photo that I included in the article is of Trip himself walking up to the pump island while he still owned the station. So much of what we collect is directly related to those hard-working men and women who operated those stations that has kept us going on the roads all these years. A lot of personal stories and history that has vanished. If only some of this stuff could tell their tales. Cheers, Don

Last edited by coopersplace; Fri Jun 07 2013 09:18 PM.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I like these "type" of discussions (mostly because I like photos... LOL)

Looking for Tide Water/ Tide Water-Associated/ Tidewater items
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
One more photo for Bob. Cheers, Don.

IMG_0887.jpg

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved