Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Well folks as of to this very second your most very kind donations have added up very nicely which is going to be very much appreciated. It is going to be our pleasure to distribute your kind gifts to these families.

AS OF RIGHT NOW WE HAVE A TOTAL OF $2983.00
Also another old gas member donated $1000.00 to the American Red Cross personally.
With my globe of 2500.00 is going to go a long ways folks!

GREAT JOB GUYS AND GALS...and again thank you for all you do.

Ron

Last edited by texacokie; Sat May 25 2013 02:14 AM.

I am always looking for anything Texaco or Oklahoma oil and gas company's, also I am a newbie at seeking globes.
Archived Forum Area

These topics are archived because they are older. You may not post new replies. Contact member through their email in their Profile or by PM message.
Help with contacting members

S
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
S
Ron...Put me down for 100...how do I send it to you/Paypal????> SWABBY

J
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
J
Ron,
I sent another $50.00 your way, this is a good thing your doing.
Cliff

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: SWABBY
Ron...Put me down for 100...how do I send it to you/Paypal????> SWABBY

Thank you Swabby, I sent you a message from my phone while we were out did you get it ok?

Originally Posted By: justgassy
Ron,
I sent another $50.00 your way, this is a good thing your doing.
Cliff

Thank you Cliff so much!

I am always looking for anything Texaco or Oklahoma oil and gas company's, also I am a newbie at seeking globes.
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Well today we went out to TARGET, LOWES, WALMART, and HOME DEPOT and loaded up on all the plastic totes, work gloves, flashlights, cases of water, neosporin , bandaids, socks, toothbrushes and toothpaste, snacks of all kinds, sunscreen, mosquito repelent, hair brushes, dust masks, and all kinds of other items.

We then headed out to Shawnee Oklahoma, Bethel Acres Oklahoma and the need was great. We handed out Items there along with cash to the folks and they were overcome with joy, there was alot of tears and hugging. They were very impressed when we gave them the sheets with all your names on it showing them who gave the donations.

We then headed to Moore Oklahoma. It was just so much worse than I could ever imagine, the pictures on TV do not do it justice. Some additions we could not get it but then there were plenty we could. We started handing out the donations in the first addition we turned in of about 8 city blocks. It was just block after block of devastation and the stories were incredible of survival. There was alot of hugs and tears here also when we were passing the items and cash out here as well. Today my wife, daughter , son in-law and I handed out the majority of the goods and will finish that up along with the cash we had in hand today of 2500.00 dollars. As soon as paypal releases the rest this week we will be handing out the rest in cash donations as it seems the influx of goods is really overwhelming coming in from around the country.

We found out that the cash donations are what is needed really bad for gasoline and just other general needs they have. So the plan is when the paypal comes in we will head back out this week to another neighborhood and hand out the rest of the cash. We have been giving each family 100.00 to spread the wealth around. We are pretty worn out physically and mentally from today, but it is a GOOD worn out!

They continually wanted us to tell you guys and gals thank you and god bless you for the help..Overall it was a great day!
I am loading up some pics from today and will post them up in the morning.

IF ANYONE WOULD LIKE TO MAKE ANYMORE DONATIONS PLEASE SEND THEM TO THE AMERICAN RED CROSS AND SALVATION ARMY.....We seen these folks in action today feeding and helping all over the area, it was really neat to see it in person.

I am off to bed now to get rested up for the trek tomorrow ...thanks again guys and gals!

Ron

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Here is just a PARTIAL we took out, there van was completely loaded!

Here is what I had left when we got back to Moore and the cab was full as well...quite the load!

This was our first stop by Shawnee this lady`s house was halfway destroyed, we loaded her up!..nice lady!

This poor guy lost almost everything, he cares for his dad in his 80`s who is wheelchair bound and rode the tornado out in what is left of the house....he also was very appreciative of you guys kind donations.

Here is some of what we seen.

C
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
C
We in other parts of this country can not imagine the power of what goes on there all the time. Just seeing it again here brings to life what can happen to families and the country.
Just starting again piece by piece. I wonder where Kyle's collection was in this mess.

Craig
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: Craig Osbeck
We in other parts of this country can not imagine the power of what goes on there all the time. Just seeing it again here brings to life what can happen to families and the country.
Just starting again piece by piece. I wonder where Kyle's collection was in this mess.

Yes even to us that see this alot but very rarely to this degree of massive area of damage is very hard to wrap your mind around. There is no telling where his collection is now.

More pics.

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Even More.

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
These folks survived even though the only thing left was the bedroom they huddled down in and there daughters home next to them was hit also. You guys helped both of these family`s.

S
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
S
The devastation is unbelievable! We have tornados here, fortunately the last one even close to this magnitude was '75 when I was a kid. Been a few small towns around get hit hard over the years, but seeing blocks, miles just leveled is hard to grasp. Thanks for helping, prayers for all those who lost so much.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Kyle's about 120 miles west.

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
The president was in town today and it was shut down everywhere so we are headed back out tomorrow.

Originally Posted By: 66phillips
Kyle's about 120 miles west.
I must be thinking of another Kyle then. On another note it was sure great seeing you and Nancy again Butch!

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I have been at our cabin for the last two weeks and have not been able to check Oldgas as the only internet connection we have is dialup. It barely downloads our email, but I logged on tonite while I had some time to wait and was blown away by this post! I had sent Ron a pm right after the tornado hit just to make sure they were all ok but that was the last time I had been in contact with him or even checked my messages on here. Kudos to all of you that donated and especially to Ron for doing this. You can only appreciate the gravity of a situation like this if you have been through it yourself. We have been through the Pierce City and Joplin, MO tornadoes with personal friends and close relatives losing everything from a few shingles to their complete homes. The devastation and hardship in the immediate aftermath of one of these things is hard to bear, but the strength and sense of community outreach is heartwarming. Ron, your use of this forum and the Oldgas family to bring relief to a lot of folks is a great testimony to the way technology can bring the world together for the common good. God bless all those who participated and Godspeed to all the victims. Our donation will be headed to the Red Cross via our church donation drive that has been implemented once again......Gary

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
We went out yesterday to finish handing out what donations we had left. We took my grandkids out to have them share this experience. There were many hugs and tears shared again along with some good fellowship. The storys of survival are incredible with each stop we made and met some great folks along the way helping out. We are going to be finishing up passing out the final donations this week, it has been a labor of love and something we will never forget.

To my fellow Oldgas member`s, you have made a HUGE impact on alot of lives here and may God bless you for what you have done and allowing me the opportunity to help you show the thoughts, prayers and financial support to help them through this trying time in there lives.

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Car Project auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved