Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Atland Erickson of Central Point, Oregon owns the POLLY G&B pump now. I sold it to a friend in Thousand Oaks, Ca. 10-12 yrs. ago. He sold it to A.E. 7-8yrs ago.
The Mendenhall collection has the same pump with the RADIO decal & globe. Pump is same color.

I think the paint on pump was similar to the Texaco SKY CHIEF green on the signs, BEFORE fadeing out to what the pumps are now.
db

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Sometimes you can get a better sample of color from the INSIDE of the pump - on the back of the doors, access panel, etc., if those surfaces were painted the same, or have considerable overspray. Also, behind the ID tags or lead signage - those areas may NOT have been repainted during reimaging. Generally those surfaces would not have been exposed to the elements and would have held their color better.

Looking for better Gulf items: signs, globes, cans and paper - especially porcelain Gulf flanges, and Gulf A-38 & A-62 ad glass...
D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
I have seen a container of red BA (British American) paint, the label was quite plain so I did not worry about getting it. I assumed at the time that it was to paint islands, ploes, curbs, etc..

Now I am wondering if it was perhaps for pumps??

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved