Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
H
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
H
Originally Posted By: Mike M.
I'M CONFUSED!! I don't see the difference but it's late and I'm tired.

Now you can see it easier...... the speed lines are different.

Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
S
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
S
The L in gasoline relative to the g in Energee. There is some kind of different proportion going on.

Steve Coppens
Always interested in Sunoco items!
Really want a Sunoco National pump ad glass!!
E
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
E
Mine is actually an army green. Photo is a bad one. I too cant see how time would do it thats why I wanted to see others. However I'm not too familiar with Pure using army green for colors. That spot above the R is just photo. Funny, the only sign out of 3 that I bought (2 Tioline/1 Energee) that had no surface rust on the backside and looked like it stayed indoors all its life was the energee. I did try cleaning but in person you can see it really looks like the original paint color. It even has a gloss in spots? Ofcourse my 2 Tiolines I bought wernt that deep blue either more ofa green blue mix. So it may be the way they were stored or a variation who knows.

Last edited by eric grinder; Thu Mar 28 2013 03:46 AM.

Mainly focused on Oilzum, Jenney, Harris Oil items & original paint gas pumps.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Interesting that the line under the g going back to the left is different in the 2 signs. Or am I up too early?

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Also the lines going to left from the "r" is very different.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
So which one is the rare one and which one is the repop?

Only if we could go back and find the Porcelain sign guy from the early 1900's and ask him why these 2 signs are different or are they just an ellusion.
How can it go from me taking a photo of my sign to show another what the correct colors should be on his sign to a discussion about them being different...?
Maybe my sign was made on Friday when the guy was all happy that the weekend was ahead and Eric's was made on Monday when the guy was all hungover from the weekend and between his lines being different and the quality not as good so it didn't hold up as well, we can blame it on his hard weekend????

LOL guys!!!!

Eric we should bring both signs to a show and put them side by side and everyone start pounding beers to really see how different they look.

Have a great day guys!

Thanks
Mike

Always Looking for any Pure Oil and Sunoco Items.
E
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
E
LOL, Mike I almost fell off my chair. I don't think anyone was saying bad things on either of the signs. Makes perfect sense seeing how old they are and when they were produced that they would have fine changes in them throughout production. Thanks again for shooting me that picture. I appreciate it.

Mainly focused on Oilzum, Jenney, Harris Oil items & original paint gas pumps.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Sorry Mike and Eric both if I got off the intended path. I find it quite fascinating to see the differences in things like this. Too many years as an investigator looking for abnormalities. I am still a newby here so a lot to learn.

S
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
S
I agree, I always find it very fascinating when we come across a different sign or item and we try to figure out what we can about it.

Steve Coppens
Always interested in Sunoco items!
Really want a Sunoco National pump ad glass!!
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
No offense taken guy's, I just always enjoy when a thread takes off in different directions. Don't ever worry about me being pissy with any of this stuff as I enjoy it too much. There are a few guys on here that really need to step away from their computers once in while but I stay far away and consider old-gas member my friends.

Thanks
Mike

Always Looking for any Pure Oil and Sunoco Items.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I think the signs are old some time when they came out they would not be just right but nobody cared. I had a couple of coke signs that were from the 30s and they must have been in a hurry to get them out of the oven they had hand prints on front and back where some ones gloves grabed the porcelain while hot.

Remember you are only as good as your help
If you don't make any noise no one will hear you!
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved