Great Pics, Thank U!!

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Just a few more pictures, outside.

018.JPG 019.JPG 020.JPG 021.JPG
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: Oil Drop
Will there be another swap meet anytime soon? I went after I had left work. I arrived around 12:30pm and it was a ghost town. I don't think I've ever seen a swap meet shut down before at least 3:PM. I'm in the market for some items to add to my garage, and was hoping to look around a bit. I was disappointed to find nothing there except 3 or 4 vendors inside.

..."nothing there except 3 or 4 vendors inside...around 12:30pm"...?

...that's just not true...I was set up at Mason-Dixon, and we started breaking down at 1PM...we had plans to visit another collector, and asked for (and received) permission from the show's principals to break down our space early...we had a five hour drive home after our visit...we did not leave the show until around 2...at 12:30 there were plenty of vendors inside and outside...

...my advice would be to take Saturday off next year and get there around sunrise...there were vendors (and buyers) outside before dawn...regarding the inside vendors: there was a line at the door, and Keith, Sr. opened the doors at 7...remember, the vendors had set everything up the day before, and were there at daybreak on Saturday...I'm not sure what kind of selection you were looking for, arriving 5 1/2 hours after the show opened...

...by the way - we had an absolute blast at this show...I asked around, and NOT ONE vendor I spoke with had complaints about foot traffic - everyone was in agreement that it was better than it had been in years...it was great seeing everyone as well - LOTS of Oldgassers at this one...I brought a couple of very cool pieces home, and got to see a bunch of my best friends in the hobby...I can't think of a better way to spend a weekend...

...I think the photos of the items available at Mason-Dixon stand up well against ANY of the show photos I've seen here, except Iowa and Columbus - and they're bigger and longer-running shows...

...I love coming to Mason-Dixon (haven't missed one in seventeen years), and I dread the day when I'm not able to...

Looking for better Gulf items: signs, globes, cans and paper - especially porcelain Gulf flanges, and Gulf A-38 & A-62 ad glass...
D
D
Does anyone know who had the Texaco Filling Station sign for sale and how to contact them?

Thanks much!

dwright #400983 Tue Mar 12 2013 05:58 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Thanks very much for taking the time to take and post the pics.

Collecting the Mississippi companies:
Billups, Southland, Rose Oil,Crystal Oil, Barq's
E
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
E
wink I also wish to thank all the picture takers for posting them for the rest of us to see.
Ed.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
As always the can man and I are the last ones out the door after packing. 2:30 pm out the door. The show starts slowing down about 12:30 and people start packing a little after one,but the buyers have slowed up buy then.

It's a great hi intensity show. You see something you want, you have to decide to buy when you see or it will be gone. Lots of hard work but fun.

60wayne #401053 Tue Mar 12 2013 08:52 PM
H
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
H
Great pictures and great collection of signs for sale in one place. Thanks for posting. Always nice to see what events far from home are like.

S
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
S
Great pictures, thanks for taking time to take them AND post them! Very impressed with variety and quality of items at this show. I've never been to this or any other eastern shows, but would now like to for sure!

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I didn't get to go this year but Keith Elza is an excellent host and very helpful. It's an awesome show IMO and having that many people in the same place interested in the same things is way cool. I've been to Hershey and Carlisle as well and although Hershey is in it's own class, I'd go to Mason Dixon anytime if given a choice amongst the 3. Take the advice from above and just make the time to get there early. You won't be sorry.

........Dave
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Thanks for all the eye candy, I have never heard of this swap meet before. Probably for the best I would have passed out seeing all the cool stuff!

I am always looking for anything Texaco or Oklahoma oil and gas company's, also I am a newbie at seeking globes.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Thanks for all the positive comments on the show! This has to have been one of our best shows ever. We were completely sold out inside and if not for a few vendors that had to cancel at the last miniut we would have had all spaces full.

This was our 17th year doing the show and it seems to get better every year. The show was started by a few local friends and collectors that were tired of traveling the country to attend shows, so they decided to throw one in their own backyard. I don't think any of them expected it to grow and to still be going on 17 years later.
We owe all the thanks to our awesome vendors, some of wich have been supporting us for all 17 years. Without them we couldn't make the show the success it is, my hats off to all of them for supporting us year in and year out. We also have a tremendous group of friends and family that help us make the show a possibility, with out their work throughout the year, it wouldn't be possible.

Thanks to all of the vendors and shoppers that support us every year, with out you it wouldn't be possible.

The Mason Dixon Crew.

C
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
C
Does anyone know who had the Sinclair HC sign leaning against the table outside? (picture is on the 6th page of this post). Is it still available? Thanks!

coopwyo #401306 Wed Mar 13 2013 05:45 PM
Y
Petro Enthusiast
Online Content
Petro Enthusiast
Y
Thanks for taking time to share pics to us, looks like you guys put on a killer show, love that pennzoil ethyl sign! Like to pick one up one of these days. Thanks nick

C
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
C
Sorry I couldn't make the trip from SC this year, looks like it was bigger than last year and much better weather!

Collecting anything keeps you young at heart!
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Oldgas, Pegasus, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Project Car auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved