Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
T
Tab Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Took a little trip to go antiqueing with my wife and our 4 month old son before I start my new job next week. I bet we went to 20 antique stores/malls on our trip. We saw several restored pumps for sale which wasn't really what I wanted. Didn't expect to buy a pump on this trip either but had my fingers crossed. After strikeing out at several places I looked on Craigslist and found a Martin Swartz for $400. It was out of are way and we were crunched for time. That was the best deal I had ever seen and didn't think I could beat that. On our way back wife said she was starving and I kept driving looking for one more antique store on our way we could check out while stopping to eat.

After eating we went into a small antique mall found a few things. Everything seemed to be priced good. I saw an open doorway and wasn't sure if I was supposed to enter. I went in and there it stood! I walked up to it and looked for a price and then noticed nothing was priced to sell in that room. A man came walking in and I asked if it was his. He said he just bought it the other day and had just unloaded it this morning. I asked if he wanted to sell it. He said he would because he wanted a visible for himself. I was totally excited and trying to keep it in thinking I was going to have to negotiate and talk him down. I asked how much and he said $275. I said I would take it! I then told him I think I'm going to make it a Hudson pump since our baby's name is Hudson and put it in his room. He looked at my son and said I could have it for $250! I was totally shocked and felt like I had won the lottery. I had never seen but a couple gas pumps for sale before this weekend and they were way out of my price range.

He Helped me load it up and I shook his hand. I had a heck of a hard time unloading it by myself out of the back of my f250! I'm wondering how much it actually weighs.

Sorry for the long read but I had to share my story! Now hopefully I can load a pic. This is my first time trying on this site.

Looking for ANYTHING Hudson oil gas related!
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
T
Tab Offline OP
OP Offline
T
tokeim 39

pump 1.png

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Congrats. You got a good deal and deserve it.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Tokheim 39's are a good first as original and reproduction parts are plentiful and readily available.

Dave GILL,
Dave's Garage & Memorabilia, Inc.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Good job on the picture load & only being here 2 days.
HELL, there are guys that have been here 10 YEARS & still can't/won't load their own pictures!

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
You did great!!! Good job and cool pump....

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Great story,and nice looking 39!

Looking for gas,oil related clocks,especially neon and spinners .clock repair available. Mick
S
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
S
welcome, Great deal and story. You and your son are off to great starts in collecting!

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Great pump at a good price welcome to old gas and the hobby of chasing gas stuff. Enjoy the pump. Id consider leaving it original its got a good look. But do as you please. Congrats.

Hunt long and hard the good stuff still out there.
Jonathan lowry.
LSx Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
great price

-Brian
T
Tab Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Thanks for all the replies!

Rust and dust , yeah I'm actually planning on keeping it mostly original. I think it's in to good of shape to paint it and I actually like seeing some age or patina on things. I plan on cleaning it up a bit. There is no rust on it that I have seen yet. A few chips here and there. I'm going to replace the missing parts and put a Hudson globe on top. If and when I get a second pump ill have to do a full on restoration .

So do most of you guys gut the pumps on the inside to make them lighter ? Will it take away from the value? I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
How bout iffin I tell ya I have seen actual Hudson stations with Tokiem 39 model pumps , well in their day ? Regular was a Red . Premium here was White ............ Ed Shaver

see ya on the road folks !
T
Tab Offline OP
OP Offline
T
That's pretty cool! I have been doing a bunch of searching on the web and here but can't find much of anything hudson related. I hope to find some Hudson oil cans etc. If anyone knows of any info on Hudson gas oil related items please let me know.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Nice score, I have always liked these pumps.

I am always looking for anything Texaco or Oklahoma oil and gas company's, also I am a newbie at seeking globes.
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
Nice score indeed smile

Wanted Owens Motor Oil & Mobiloil Gargoyle.
Brad Ralston & my website is
www.petrobarn.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved