Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
I am listing a Frontier Heavy Duty metal quart can on ebay for a friend. It's in mint condition. Item number: 290864915739

Anything MICHELIN and early graphic tin signs
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
Looks like it is doing good smile

Wanted Owens Motor Oil & Mobiloil Gargoyle.
Brad Ralston & my website is
www.petrobarn.com
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Ya, whoa that surprised me. But in today's oil can market people are willing to pay for good condition.

Anything MICHELIN and early graphic tin signs
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
SUPER can... glad it is doing well for you. It is a hit and miss market these days but quality always pays off.

Quart and Liter can relidding and dent removal services.PM for detail and pricing.
Collecting Mobil and other graphic quart cans.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
pretty rare can,you don`t see this version often,,I used to collect FRONTIER, cans yrs ago since I live in colo.a lot of them around then but pretty rare now..I had this can but wasn`t in this condition,,this can should bring a good price,as their are a lot of collectors who like this co..I will watch to see how it ends..
txs Alan

Big Al`s Garage
Always looking for::
Veedol-Tydol-Tidex-Cycol-Tycol.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Good stuff, always brings good money. Best to collect based on condition. Buy the best you can, and you will realize the greatest return.

Dave GILL,
Dave's Garage & Memorabilia, Inc.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Here is my take on it which may not be worth much but since I'm a Frontier collector and have these cans I kind of know what they are worth. The same two bidders have run up another Frontier can. 160974343639 The heavy duty is now over $800 and the other over $400. Looks just like two rich people bidding on something they know nothing about but they're not going to be beat. They need to do some research. Mitch

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I think it's time to set thing straight here before someone else goes sticking their foot in their mouth with their fingers on a key board!
I happen to be the High bidder on this can and do not apprectiate Mitches comment which is basically calling me a "rich *****" I happen to have a expanding collection of petroliana and take the time to learn about every item I have and that Mitch means more to me that Just having something! Am I rich? NO far from it! Do I know I'm overpaying for this can YES! But there is a purpose to what I'm doing If you wish to sell me yours at a better price call me Mitch obviously I'm looking to buy.
Just to be clear I happen to have been the Union Pacific Rail Road Conductor who brought in your railcars to the Frontier plant in Cheyennne, then I Worked as the Yardmaster in the tower supervising the crew who switched out your cars and then had the Proud opportunity to be a Manager of the territory from Cheyenne to Laramie and am now in charge of the Rail's from Denver to Cheyenne, does it pay well? YES is that anyone on this site's business HELL NO!!

My bidding is my business and what I decide to spend my money on is my business and if anyone on this site has a problem with that my phone number is clearly listed on my profile call anytime, but my wife and my 2 boys love doing this as much as me and their opinion's are the ones I care about not anyone else's after all it's all theirs when I'm gone which will be a long time since I'm only 36 which gives me a long time to keep on bidding and buying.

I'm sure that you all cried when Clyde sold his Frontier Sign for $25,000 right? HELL NO!! 2 guys wanted that sign and fought to the end to get it and everyone wished they had one and guess what when someone who has one of these cans wants to sell it guess what they'll use Ebay or some other site to get a selling price after all it's what seems to be recommened when someone asks for a value on here.

I love this site but this is what ruins it is when people just go around knocking others for no reason!

like it or not it is what it is and like I said My number is there call anytime I'm always looking for the next cup of coffee to talk over.

Bob Burnham

Always looking for Frontier and Beeline items.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I Think its great considering I have a minty ultra lube I'd sell for the price of the one on Ebay.. BUT ebay is a strange place as to what something is going to go for at any given time.

Larry

In memory of DB 9/12/49 - 8/28/14
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Everyone has there own method to this "Petroliana Madness"; if you have the money and want a certain item for your collection then I say go for it; those others on budgets or have a threshold as to what they are willing to spend have to be more picky and patient. Retail is based on supply and demand; can sells for $808 today may only bring $250 next week! "It is what it is!" crazy

Last edited by 1937 GMC; Mon Feb 18 2013 05:04 PM.

Buying: Polarine / Red Crown Gasoline Globes and Signs, Early Chevrolet & United Motors Signs, and 1910's through 1940's Gas & Oil Signs.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Well Bob I didn't mean to stir you up so much but I'll keep your phone number in mind. Check with me in about five years when I turn eighty all this ***** is going up for sale. When I first got into this hobby I paid $250 at a auction for my Frontier Lube the other 3 I have I think I paid $175 or less. The Frontier Heavy Duty I paid $350 for it a couple of years ago all on ebay sniping. They come up ever so often. I was going to bid on that can but you took it out of the league of a old man trying to live on social security, By the way I love the black Beeline you have in the showcase. Been wanting one of those. I you ever get back to Cheyenne give me a call and I'll show you my junk. Mitch

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Mitch,
No worries, water off a ducks back as far as I'm concerned.
I'll look you up the next time I'm around your neck of the woods I would love to see your collection, I was up there yesterday and was sad to see that Holly has painted over the Frontier emblem on the storage tank last week, breaks my heart to see that go away it was a piece of Cheyenne's heritage that can never be replaced.
And if you ever get down my way give me a call and I'll show you my rust and dust.

Bob.

Always looking for Frontier and Beeline items.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
great job and story about the can.I agree with ya 100%.I`ll try to get up there and see your stuff soon..glad you and Mitch are working things out..we don`t need situations like this in our hobby....people over bid on items all the time,especially if they want that item bad enough,I`ve done it many times and others shouldn`t judge bidders on how they want to spend their money!!!!

txs alan

Big Al`s Garage
Always looking for::
Veedol-Tydol-Tidex-Cycol-Tycol.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: VEEDOL_AL1
....people over bid on items all the time,especially if they want that item bad enough,I`ve done it many times and others shouldn`t judge bidders on how they want to spend their money!!!!

I really like it when it is my stuff selling and people have deep pockets and fight over it!!

Quart and Liter can relidding and dent removal services.PM for detail and pricing.
Collecting Mobil and other graphic quart cans.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
999. I love it.. cool

RANDY
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings *

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved