Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: mcguffeyd1
Originally Posted By: THE AMERICAN GARAGE
Dan, If you want piece if mind, put a strip of black oaktag cut slightly narrower than the width of the can. put the full heavy ones along the botton if you can place the strip across the topof the bottom row, then place the empties across the top of the oaktag strip. this way there's more of a firm contact between the layers instead of the cans just resting lip to lip. Bob is right about a full can falling from 7' high....kiss it goodbye!

Think i may get a 1/4" piece of ply wood and put on top the bottom row and then stack. Thanks for the idea.

Or even 1/8 tempered masonite (will most likely lay flatter). I believe Home Depot sells it in 2x2' or 2x4' Panels.

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
That is a nice collection and I can fully appreciate lack of room to display things. But when I see them stacked like that it brings back my memory of this in 1994. Not something we think about around here much.
I empty all my cans. Less likely to be damaged.
I use two very small nail holes in the bottom to drain.

Chuck

New Madrid fault.jpg
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I know I am chiming in late on this, but why not have a piece of plexi cut and pre-drilled and attach to the front of the shelf to prevent even the upper stack from falling on ya?

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I know it's not a very finished look.... but what about using 2 eyelets in the wall the same width of the shelf same height as the middle of the 2nd stack of cans and running a line of light nylon fishing line around the face gently?

I use this method at times when I have bottles on a shelf that sees vibrations from time to time.

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved