Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
C
Reposted since some ****** moved my post. New addition to my collection. Also found this wayne 60 narrow.

dscf5678o.jpg rsz_dscf5778z.jpg
Last edited by Oldgas; Thu Jan 31 2013 09:25 AM. Reason: edit to remove namecalling, against membership agreement
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
I moved your post. You CLEARLY asked for a value. Is there a problem with that?

FREEDOM oil items wanted.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Awesome pump Very nice original condition.

Hunt long and hard the good stuff still out there.
Jonathan lowry.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
just curious if the number of asterisks match the number of letters in the removed offensive word, six letters hmmmm......

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Remember, WE are ALL A GUEST HERE.

R
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
R
I'm going to defend champlinman a bit here. I know him. And he has not been very active on oldgas but he is starting to make some more posts because I have been encouraging him to do so. And then for the same ****** reasons I quit posting here mostly...he gets slammed.
OK...I get it! He asked about a value. I can't count how many times I've seen "I just bought this. Also posted in value section." in the Showcase forum. Really? Isn't that pretty much the same thing without a question mark?
And then his post gets moved. Fair enough. But look at some of the replies he got.
"Value is whatever you just paid for it. You must have thought it was worth it or are you just looking for us to price it for you so you can resell it? We also have a value forum and a BOTW thread."
Yea! That's real nice! Comments like that will really make a guy want to post on an oldgas forum again...won't they?
Remember when oldgas was only like four catagories? General Petrolium, Showcase, For Sale, and non-petro? Those where the days!

Last edited by Oldgas; Fri Feb 01 2013 07:48 AM. Reason: edit to remove language, not allowed by membership agreement
C
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
C
Thanks Jonathan. I added mobilgas pump plates and will enjoy it as it was found. Todd.

Coryell 70/Nebraska items wanted
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
WOW!! Great sign and love the pump too

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
We agree 100%, didn't take long for us to notice the negativity and unnecessary comments on this forum...Very cool sign and pump!

Todd & Jessica
R
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
R
very nice!

narrow body is still eluding me!

good job!

Originally Posted By: RARIN TO GO
I'm going to defend champlinman a bit here. I know him. And he has not been very active on oldgas but he is starting to make some more posts because I have been encouraging him to do so. And then for the same ****** reasons I quit posting here mostly...he gets slammed.
OK...I get it! He asked about a value. I can't count how many times I've seen "I just bought this. Also posted in value section." in the Showcase forum. Really? Isn't that pretty much the same thing without a question mark?
And then his post gets moved. Fair enough. But look at some of the replies he got.
"Value is whatever you just paid for it. You must have thought it was worth it or are you just looking for us to price it for you so you can resell it? We also have a value forum and a BOTW thread."
Yea! That's real nice! Comments like that will really make a guy want to post on an oldgas forum again...won't they?
Remember when oldgas was only like four catagories? General Petrolium, Showcase, For Sale, and non-petro? Those where the days!

You are talking about two completely different things here. First, I moved his topic on the sign to the value section. This is what is asked of me when I see a topic that is in the incorrect section. The comment above was totally directed towards me, end of story.

Did he take some heat from some other members, sure. That does not mean that he needed to take a blast at me.

Last edited by Oldgas; Fri Feb 01 2013 08:21 AM. Reason: edit language from quote
Let's back up here and rationally look at this.

#1 A members asks for a value in the Showcase forum. A moderator does his job and moves it to the Value forum where it belongs.

#2 Then the moderator is called a vulgar name on the public forum by the author of the topic that was moved.

#3 A different member posts a comment in the Value topic that is not helpful.

#4 Another member posts in two topics saying, "So your comment is worth squat!" in the first topic and using unacceptable language in the second topic while complaining about others attitudes and negativity.

When a moderator moves a topic to the appropriate forum category, it is not getting "slammed" nor is is justification for using vile language.

If anyone thinks a post by a member is not appropriate, they are just adding to the problem by posting a negative response. Clicking the "Notify" button to inform the moderator is the constructive thing to do. Or contact the other person privately.

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved