Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#388416 Wed Jan 23 2013 08:29 PM
B
OP Offline
B
Hey all,

We have what I believe to be a Smithway L-1 based on threads and photos I've found. It has a Veeder Root "Head for Figures" mechanical computer in it. Does anyone know of any good parts dealers where I can find the rod that links the reset handle and computer, door glass rubber and door glass trim?

Thanks much!
Rob

bigcountryhd #388451 Thu Jan 24 2013 05:13 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Parts for that pump are hard to come by. I have one I'm fixing up now. Someone will probly have the rubber but the metal panels for around the window are tough if you do not have them. DB hooked me up with some and I passed a couple extras I had on to lordparafin a while back.

Good luck...

Got Socony???

Tom
nochevys #388468 Thu Jan 24 2013 06:52 AM
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
I make new faces for this pump. At $65.00 each, we are barely breaking even but I needed some and thought other's might as well? We use S channel for the window rubber by cutting it at a 45 degree angle. I make the interior window trim pieces , as I need them, on a break. I do not make extras of these because the need is not there. You can do it yourself if you are handy. Paul

gasmansgp #388731 Fri Jan 25 2013 07:31 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I have three L-1's I am trying to make two good ones out of. If I could find the parts for my third "parts pump" I would like to build it, too. Two of mine are actually Neptunes with the faceplates reading "Neptune" on them. Can you make me one of those Gasman? I wasn't aware that anyone made faceplates for them so this is good news on that front. I can make the interior window pieces, no problem. If i could just find two of the buckle locks, I might be able to piece together that third pump. Can you post or pm me a pic of one of your faceplates? Thanks.....Gary

By the way you should be able to fabricate that rod between the reset handle and the meter, Bigcountry. I could take a picture of one for you to look at if you need it......GB

Last edited by Rabbitman; Fri Jan 25 2013 07:34 AM.
Rabbitman #389012 Sat Jan 26 2013 10:57 AM
B
OP Offline
B
I was able to make the rod, thanks all. Gasman stop - can you explain S channel and cutting it on 45? Never heard of that. Thanks again!

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Project Car auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved