Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#38089 Sat Jan 17 2004 01:26 PM
J
jakoz Offline OP
OP Offline
J
I've recently become involved with my husband's passion of petroliana and I've recently acquired a old Nourse can. I've been trying to find some history/background on the Nourse Oil Company. None of his reference books tell me much and I am evidently not asking the net search engines the right questions. Can anybody tell me anything about the company or give me suggestions of where to look? Thanks.

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#38090 Sat Jan 17 2004 02:52 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
First off that is very cool that you are invloved with your husband in collecting. Jack Nourse Oil Co. also know as Nourse Oil Comapny was located in Kansas City, Missouri and Omaha, Nebraska. They sold motor oil and a wide varities of oils (windmill etc..) in hardware stores mainly. Hope this helps and if you want to post a picture of the can just email me and I will post it for you. Other collectors on this site may have additional information for you. Scott in KC

Scott Shipers
WANTED: quart picture cans
#38091 Sun Jan 18 2004 01:54 PM
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
If you had attended the "It's a Gas" show this past weekend in Columbia, Missouri you could have added about 30+ items to your Nourse collection. They are a little pricy, but still affordable. There are a few Nourse collectors in the KC area.

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
#38092 Mon Jan 19 2004 12:33 PM
J
jakoz Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Thanks for the input guys. Any idea of dates that this company was in business? I'll try "Jack Nourse Oil" as a search and hope to get more history. I found some pictures of a couple of cans in "Value Guide to Gas Station Memorabilia" and "Petroliana" but little else. Both of these cans have green and white as the main colors. The can I bought is yellow orange, looks, style-wise to be pretty old and is beat up. I probably paid too much for it but I still rather like it. Jan

#38093 Mon Jan 19 2004 01:00 PM
C
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
C
Have you searched one ebay under nourse? There are quite a few items on right now,
http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?cgiurl=http%3A%2F%2Fcgi.ebay.com%2Fws%2F&krd=1&from=R8&MfcISAPICommand=GetResult&ht=1&SortProperty=MetaEndSort&query=nourse+oil

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved